+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Facebook - new changes etc

Facebook - new changes etc

So FB has changed again.

I have a query though - on my profile page on the left hand side of the screen it shows some of my friends - how do FB choose which friends it shows on the left? I say this because coincidentally, the friends they randomly select (on the left) happen to be friends I'm in contact quite a lot (I didn't pick those friends to be there, although someone said you can pick your friends out to be on that left hand side).

Also, on the right side of the screen, again it has FB chat and it seems to be my friends who I've been in contact recently, or is it friends who are checking my FB page a lot? How does FB decide who goes in FB chat list?

I know there is software which can tell who's been checking out your Facebook page, I did it once out of curiosity as I saw a lot of my friends did it as well, but it was so embarrassing as an automatic message went out to all your address book saying who the people are who are checking your FB page out. I thought it was a bit strange though as a guy who regularly posts on any of my status updates wasn't on there, so I don't know how accurate it is.

A friend said anyone who checks out FB on their phone goes on the FB chat list - but all my friends do this and they aren't all on the FB chat list on the right hand side of the screen.

Anyone know how they choose your FB friends?

i went on last night, i havent really noticed much different, but then again i dont get on very much either only when i see sum commented a pic or somthing. facebooking changing should not be breaking news. facebook is the big papa cock in the world

That software to check out who is viewing your page is bogus, apparently it just returns a random list based on who you have the most activity with, and then installs and ad-bar on the top of your browser.

The friend list choosing is the same kind of thing, its some algorithm that goes by most active and the people you chat most with.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Well, when they introduced this software for checking whose checking your page out, some was quite vague and threw up names and automatically sent out a status report and some was accurate, as one of my friends did it and it came up with stuff like XYZ person at 10.23 on 23 September etc etc.

In any event, it's never the people you want to be checking your statuses ;-)

Yeh, I guess the FB chat is the people you're in contact the most. Although mine seem to show my recent friends I've made ...

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    enough about this social media.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...