+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Time.

Time.

The wild ride is over. From January 4th, 2007 through today, September 27, 2011, it's over. 1727 days of her. Over. My offer to settle out of court was accepted. I have found acceptance for her, now the road to indifference. I am happy and I am sad; happy because it's the end of an era that was messing me up, sad because I know she will always be in my life, just not with me. Very bittersweet.

This site has been a fantastic help to me. I really don’t need to post anymore, but I have learned valuable lessons here and I really truly wish every broken heart that comes to this site finds relief with time. That’s all there is, time.

Take care
    Todd

I'm proud of you, man.

What will you do now? What are your plans for moving on?

Take care of me, take care of my kids, be a better person than I was yesterday...just live my life. No need to jump into another relationship (that was her style, not mine), just be ME for a while. Could take years. Who knows? Life is about living, not remembering.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Congrats, Todd.

I gave you a thanks because your story is positive. Plus, you actually thanked people for help. Many people ask for advice then don't say anything. Hope your life goes uphill. You don't need to leave now that your problems with her are over. Other people might need advice too.

I still intend on commenting, just dont have to write about myself anymore!

Thank you.

What's she doing? How has she coped with your loss?

Nice one Toddstar and welcome to the "over them" club

been watching your journey and it's great to see you come out the other side of this. You will grow from this!!!

All the best mate

Well, in our communication about the agreement, I lost my cool and asked for an explanation as to why she said she loved me and wanted to be with me a few months ago, why she said she didnt like the guy who lives with her still...I got no answer. I felt very dumb for it all. But I wanted an answer. Best I did was to tell her that I will pretend it never happened. What a person.

I will bet dollars to donuts that most of us could have or would have moved on far sooner if our exes didnt keep on baiting us. I hurt. I am human. But I know I will never ever be with her agan.

So now what? How to meet new people?

Do you live in a podunk town or a thriving metropolis, Toddstar. I recently knew a guy in Milwaukee who divorced his wife of 18 yrs. For two years he tried to find comfort in Milwaukee and couldn't move on. He moved on to NYC, found better prospects, and is loving the single life.

I actually live in Toronto but am American. Its a big city, I just need to get out of my apartment and do things!

I guess trying to keep active is all you can do to move on. When I went through my first big breakup, I spent hours at night looking at the stars. In the end, that's what has given me interest in astronomy. My second big breakup made me so mad I had to suppress the urge to fight everyone for the tiniest reasons. So I channelled that into jujutsu. Breakups always have a positive side. Most people have a tough time seeing it at the time. Winter is coming and it might not be as fun hanging out. Try a new sport like swimming or cycling. I'd also recommend taking up some new art: photography, drawing, writing, and other stuff help me cope with a loss.

Well done mate. Really pleased for you.