+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why is she avoiding me?

Why is she avoiding me?

So, this girl and I have been dating for about a week. A few nights ago we went on our fifth date and had an awesome time together: we went to dinner, walked around town, and then made out on the beach. We agreed to be boyfriend/girlfriend and then I walked her home. Literally, an hour later she texts me saying that she can't be in a relationship right now for certain reasons she'll share one day, but she still likes me and wants to get to know me. Since then, she has blocked me on Facebook, refuses to answer my calls and texts, and failed to attend a club meeting that we're both members of. So, what does her behavior mean? Why is she avoiding me all of a sudden? Why would she block me on Facebook when I know she likes me in return?

stop calling, texting or any other way contacting her.

being needy is not cool

**** her if she ignores you like this why do any effort

It's hard to say what might be going on here Daniel. It could be that some ex-boyfriend has suddenly popped back on the scene. That could be the 'certain reasons she'll share one day'. You've only been seeing each other a week, so is it possible that she hadn't really finalised a previous relationship properly? That's happened to me more than once. It's really annoying, but there you go. Life's like that sometimes.

In any case, there's obviously something going on and it's probably nothing to do with you. I know it sucks, but if she is going to be eratic and/or if there's someone else in her life it's just as well to find out now before it goes any further. All you can do at the moment is to wait and see if she contacts you again. If she does, you will really need to find out what these 'certain reasons' are before you agree to move forward. Don't take 'no' for an answer if she tries to avoid telling you, whatever you do.
    "The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself." - Oscar Wilde