+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Money hungry girlfriend – She says she wants me to pay her rent, or else NO SEX!

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    I think there's some confusion of when she demanded your half of the rent. Did you two have an agreement in place before you moved in with her? Or did she ask for half the rent when you moved out?
    No, she never discussed any of this before I moved in, and I never really even moved in with her, It was just a case of me being there more and more and more because she kept telling me to stay over, until one day I had been there for almost a month straight, and then she turned right round and told me I should be paying half HER rent because I was there so much?? But it was HER who wanted me there so much, and no discussions about moving in or nothin. Just loures me to stay there more and more, and then drops the money bombshell on me. THAT'S why I am annoyed over this, and I don't think I should have to give her anything to stay in HER place.

Have you ever actually lived outside of your mom's house before? You know, in the real world? Where people are grateful if someone puts up with them for a month rather than hounding them for money from day 1? Where people actually have bills to pay and make a living rather than assuming that someone else will cook, clean and pay for their upkeep?

****ing twit. I hope for her sake that this issue ends it and you go back to mommy. At least you gave the full story rather than your initial slanted bullshit.

Stop feeding it..!

I'm going to throw my 2cents in here real quick.

When my boyfriend moved in with me, he wasn't put on my lease or utility bills. He did however help to pay food costs & a couple of the lower end bills as when he got a job he wasn't making at much as I do. He still did it though because he's an ADULT, he is living with me in my place & he is responsible.

OP, why don't you watch the movie "Failure to Launch", you are living what the main character is...very sad existence if you ask me too. I tend to think you saw the movie already & are taking little pieces of the movie to keep this thread going too.

Even if you 2 didn't have an agreement, you have been staying with her for a month or longer, if maybe paying 1/2 the rent is a bit much, BUT you could however offer to help her pay some of the food costs, maybe 1/2 of a lower end bill she might have like the electric bill for an example. When 2 or more people live together, contrary to YOUR belief because you haven't grown up yet, bills do go up more & it would then become a little harder on the person that the partner moved in with.

When a REAL ADULT lives on his or her own, it's not easy, we don't get to live to spend our money on whatever we want like new cars for instance. We have BILLS to pay or we get kicked out of our homes, don't have electric, heat, water, internet, phones & whatever else we might need to survive. Some people have to live paycheck to paycheck when we live in the REAL WORLD & pay bills for ourselves. So when a boyfriend or girlfriend moves in, it's a help if he/she offers to help pay a little bit for something.

You won't see that though, so my typing like everybody else's was for nothing...have a nice life with "mommy"...lol

Normally, I don't like feeding trolls, but since I commented on this before we had the full story, I think I should include a revision of my initial assessment. I think there is an obvious solution to this problem. Dump the girlfriend and try to convince mommy that incest is not all that bad. )
    Either than or grab your pacifier and blankie and curl up in your crib while waiting for your mommy to change your diaper.

Btw, she didn't just drop the bombshell of money on you. She said to you, hey, you have been staying here non-stop for a month, I think you should pay rent. That is her talking to you about it.

OP, Friends don't let friends be dumbasses. But since we aren't friends, enjoy being a dumbass.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by devonbrown View Post
    I think there is an obvious solution to this problem. Dump the girlfriend and try to convince mommy that incest is not all that bad. )
    I agree Best option..

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by scott green View Post
    TYes, I was staying over, and yes, she did suddenly just throw the rent in my face. No warning, no discussions or nothing, just "Hey, you been here a month or so, I think you should start paying half my rent and everything". Totally out of order.
    If this is how she raised the subject, I agree with you. But I don't agree with your attitude about sharing expenses for a place you are living in. I'm pretty sure Cerby would agree that if you are using her place as your primary residence, then you should contribute. Same as what I said about the car, which point you completed glossed over.

Anyway, aren't you also being a baby about this? Just have a conversation with her about this, say you have misunderstood the situation and will not be staying over any more. Or breakup with her if you think she's a golddigger looking for your cash. You sound very young and naive.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Yes, I agree that once he can say he "lives" there, then he is on the hook for his half of it. I'm just pointing out the alternative theory that has was in fact blindsided with this rent issue. This is why I was asking if there were pre-determined living arrangements discussed etc. Personally, I need my own bed at least a few nights a week, so I've never crashed with someone a month straight.

But I do believe the like I said, if you go along on the roadtrip, then help out with the gas (in this case, food and other consumable items that are shared).

But also, 34 with a good job and living with mom is a little weird. . .
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

"Hey, you been here a month or so, I think you should start paying half my rent and everything".
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    If this is how she raised the subject, I agree with you.

Scott makes it out to be a 'Hey, pay me back for the month you stayed here, punk!", whereas his actual quote says that this is when it would start from and the previous costs would be swept under the rug. How is this a bad way of raising the subject?

Wow, I think you need to find someone who'd appreciate you for who you are and not your paycheck. This is not OK.

He's 34 and living with his mum, says it all really.

Oh and he's Scottish and they never pay for anything

She wants you to pay half of each bill or the entire thing?

If it's the entire thing and she just expects to live off you then... Don't be a pussy, dump her. Tell her there are plenty of Johns out there who will pay for sex but your not one of them. Shes your girlfriend. She is NOT your wife. You do NOT have kids. You owe her NOTHING.

If you aren't paying for anything while living under her roof, then you're an idiot. Apologize, if she takes your sorry ass back then offer to pay 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseyguy View Post
    Oh and he's Scottish and they never pay for anything
    Yep, and Aussie men are all sexist abusive assholes who are the descendants of convicts. Puh-leeze.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Are you serious?
    Sure. If its true she invited him to keep staying over and then suddenly blindsided him w/ the rent bomb. Its extremely poor manners on his part for not offering something, but what would you expect from someone who's an adult still living at home?

In that case, I would be way more concerned about her inability to raise issues in a calm way. I wouldn't be surprised if she did give him hints, tho, that he was oblivious to. He sounds like a real momma's boy.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    Yes, I agree that once he can say he "lives" there, then he is on the hook for his half of it. I'm just pointing out the alternative theory that has was in fact blindsided with this rent issue. This is why I was asking if there were pre-determined living arrangements discussed etc. Personally, I need my own bed at least a few nights a week, so I've never crashed with someone a month straight.

But I do believe the like I said, if you go along on the roadtrip, then help out with the gas (in this case, food and other consumable items that are shared).

But also, 34 with a good job and living with mom is a little weird. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Scott makes it out to be a 'Hey, pay me back for the month you stayed here, punk!", whereas his actual quote says that this is when it would start from and the previous costs would be swept under the rug. How is this a bad way of raising the subject?
    Its not, provided she wasn't yelling at him as she said it. I agree with both you and Cerby, FWIW.

Anyway, seems like we were too rational for the troll (again).
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast