+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Second "date" disaster? Loss of attraction? HELP PLEASE?!?

Second "date" disaster? Loss of attraction? HELP PLEASE?!?

Alright, so I'm going to try and make a long story, short... see how well this goes...

I met a girl. Our personalities really jived, so we started hanging out. Not officially "dating" but we were obviously attracted to each other (we're both in college - early 20's). We eventually had one amazing night together. Sparks were flying, conversation didn't die, body language was great (we were practically laying on eachother smoking hookah on a rug...), and at the end of the night I asked her for a kiss. Her reply was something to the effect of "let's postpone that because I haven't broken up with my boyfriend yet, and that would be cheating. I don't cheat, but I would TOTALLY kiss you right now".

Turns out (after a conversation we had that night) she is in the process of breaking up with her boyfriend (long distance relationship that's not working)

Later I texted her something like - "Just wanted to say I respect that you did that, sweet dreams" and she replied "just wanted to say I'm so shaky right now, it's a good thing " - basically meaning she was totally feeling the same way I was! Ok, GREAT! So can't wait until the next time I see her - right? Well that's where this whole thing gets weird...

After that amazing night, we decide to hang out the next day. We decide to get high together and study for a test. So we do this, but this time around, everything is different! She's not holding eye contact with me (no matter how many times I try to hold her gaze) not smiling back at me when I smile like she was the night before... just... EVERYTHING is different! We just feel like friends this night, nothing more. And I don't know how this happened!!!

How does it go from two people TOTALLY into each other to being nothing more than friends? Was it smoking and getting high that killed it? Or is her boyfriend situation getting in the way? I'm so confused...

Can somebody give me some advice or even an analysis as to what's happening here? ... this situation's just KILLING me.

sadie_genie Guest
    She was probably never attracted to you in the first place. Women can be good actresses.

never give a woman weed. for one its too expensive to waste, and secondly , they cant handle it. They always end up in the bathroom all white or they become scitzo on your ass. lesson learned dude.

Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    She was probably never attracted to you in the first place. Women can be good actresses.

harsh but could be true... best walk away, leave the friendship too as why would you want to be messed around like that!

She's no longer interested in you, or she never was. Maybe she just wanted your weed.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

She has not exactly broken up with her boyfriend yet? She is taking the piss my friend.

That's girls for you, it's the way they work.

Maybe somehting happened with her bf, they had a fight, she's feeling sad and not in the mood for anything.

Just stay under the radar for a while and don't force things (dont get needy trying to get her to smile back, to hold eye contact, etc) bet she'll be back into it in no time.

But yeah, the worst thing you can do is try to get her to react to you
    Gary Uranga, Writer of SocialSuccessMastery.com

garyUranga, men like you piss me off. You can't say ALL WOMEN ARE LIKE THAT...grow the hell up.........as for you TRIBES...if she has a bf...then i wouldn't even go anywhere near her...

Maybe it isn't you.

Maybe she's sad (or guilty) that the long distance relationship with her boyfriend is ending. It can be be a sad time even though it may be the right thing to do. Give it a chance. She's probably just confused.