+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My long distance bf broke up with me via skype messages, but I am coming home on Frid

My long distance bf broke up with me via skype messages, but I am coming home on Frid

My long distance BF (we're both freshman in college about 3 hours away from each other) broke up with me via skype messages today...not even a phone call or video lol. i basically agreed that it's best to split too. we both changed our fb status
    however, i am still coming home (he goes to college in my hometown) on Friday and I actually do want to meet up with him and clarify things and finalize our separation. Is this a good thing to ask him to do? I mean I think it's the least he could do....

we were high school sweethearts btw

if u need some closure or want questions answered its worth a shot but it might cause drama and even more questions (personal experience) what I can tell u seem to be handling this well and agree its for the best so iv that's really true id leave it alone. Best of luck!

I don't think you should. Unless there's a mutual desire to maintain a friendship, I don't even necessarily think you should try to get back in touch with him. That's pretty weak of him to break up via IM. I'd let him make the decision, if he wants to talk about it then he'll tell you, i wouldn't go chasing it.

why, hes chickenshit...only fake people break up in forms of non confrontal comunication.

Give him space. I remember I tried to do the same thing and it backfired on me. The less I spoke to him, the more often he came around and now its been almost a year since then and we still love each other a lot and he treats me like his girlfriend when he sees me. But long distance relationships are really hard. Don't talk to him, let him to come to you.

There is nothing to finalize or clarify, he dumped you and made no effort to continue as friends.

If you are looking to make an in person appeal to continue the relationship, then you can take a shot if you want. I assume he knew you were coming home, and in that case I don't think you will be successful.

Your relationship is over so why do you need to see each other?

oh crap >.< I already sent the message requesting to see him. I don't want to maintain a friendship and/or try to heal the relationship.
    But I have a lot of questions that I want answered and online, it's easy for him to run. I just think that's it's common decency to let me get everything answered and allow me to move on. I'm coming home Friday either way soooo why not?
    Is this that bad?
    Like I just feel like I'm letting him off too easily. He sends the message and it's like ummmmm there's still so many loose ends. I cant just leave like this...but i do want to leave
    Last edited by Jessica1; 05-10-11 at 03:19 AM.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    are you sure you want to hear the truth? what if it's something as: I found someone better in bed/looking/kissing/etc? Be respectful to yourself and try to preserve whatever esteem you have left.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

I want to hear the truth. I really do.
    He said that he is going through problems that are bigger than us and that I'm not ready to handle. You just dont understand how sudden this happened. One day he's all fine and dandy, we had sex, he visited. and then 3 days later, he goes MIA for 4 days and then asks for a break (via text -___-) and then 12 days later we agree to a mutual break up (he initaited it through skype messages -__-). I have self esteem. I'm not sad or gurt for some reason. I've gotten over that phase....and I've met some new guys at my college. BUT like he cant get off this easy

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica1 View Post
    I want to hear the truth. I really do.
    He said that he is going through problems that are bigger than us and that I'm not ready to handle. You just dont understand how sudden this happened. One day he's all fine and dandy, we had sex, he visited. and then 3 days later, he goes MIA for 4 days and then asks for a break (via text -___-) and then 12 days later we agree to a mutual break up (he initaited it through skype messages -__-). I have self esteem. I'm not sad or gurt for some reason. I've gotten over that phase....and I've met some new guys at my college. BUT like he cant get off this easy
    why not? doesn't he have the right to make his own choices in life without answering to a random girl that he banged occasionally?

No respect. He didnt even bang me until he visited like 2 weeks ago. I dont want to think about him or this anymore or beat myself up over all the questions that are running through my head
    Last edited by Jessica1; 05-10-11 at 03:43 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica1 View Post
    No respect. He didnt even bang me until he visited like 2 weeks ago. I dont want to think about him or this anymore or beat myself up over all the questions that are running through my head
    It would be better to accept the situation instead of making it worse for yourself.

Any other perspectives?
    I just sent him a message after the request saying "nvm about the meeting, im done"
    but this is not fair to me at all!
    i need closure.
    when im home im going to call him and ask him to meet me for at least 20 min!!! i feel like i deserve this o_O.. a face to face break up.
    Last edited by Jessica1; 05-10-11 at 06:17 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast