+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Very complicated situation

Very complicated situation

Me and this guy lives in the same house. He is a volunteer and we are his host family as you call it. He has been with us for almost a year now. He is nice and i like him. There is this time that he got drunk and he keeps saying he loves me and i ignored it coz he is drunk to begin with. Just a few days ago we had a few drinks and both of us were drunk and he started kissing me and kept saying i love you. then he said sorry the next day and said that he likes me but its complicated and he has issues committing to anything. Ive asked my friends about it but i guess i want opinions from people that i dont know so it wont be biased. When he said he loved me did he really mean it?

Maybe ask him what he means by he likes u but it's complicated??

Quote Originally Posted by serenade View Post
    Me and this guy lives in the same house. He is a volunteer and we are his host family as you call it. He has been with us for almost a year now. He is nice and i like him. There is this time that he got drunk and he keeps saying he loves me and i ignored it coz he is drunk to begin with. Just a few days ago we had a few drinks and both of us were drunk and he started kissing me and kept saying i love you. then he said sorry the next day and said that he likes me but its complicated and he has issues committing to anything. Ive asked my friends about it but i guess i want opinions from people that i dont know so it wont be biased. When he said he loved me did he really mean it?

he said that cuz prob thru drunk actions he wanted you to be his GF, but in reality your not. people say weird shit when they are drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetGrl View Post
    Maybe ask him what he means by he likes u but it's complicated??
    Its complicated because we live in the same house and he has issues with committing to anything. He loves living in our house and he doesnt want to screw up

Quote Originally Posted by serenade View Post
    Its complicated because we live in the same house and he has issues with committing to anything. He loves living in our house and he doesnt want to screw up
    Not sure if what's said is THAT complicated. It's not like both of you will be living there forever.

Anyway, what matters is he said 'he has issues with committing to anything'. Take that at face value. I will be very annoyed if someone behaves the way he's been - says one thing and does something else e.g kissing / saying 'I love you' when drunk. When a man says 'he has issues with committing....', that usually means he doesn't like you enough to commit to you. I reckon his 'I love you' is his hormones talking when drunk.

If you enjoy hanging out with him with no emotions attached, then that's all there is to it. But if you want more than that, stay away from him and invest your time and emotions to somewhere and someone else.