+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Valentine's Day card a good idea?

Valentine's Day card a good idea?

There's this girl that I've known for a few years now and this is the first year we don't have any classes together. We're both freshmen students in high school, by the way. But having no classes together means I can't talk to her on a regular basis. So I haven't really had that much contact with her all year. I see her walk by in the halls and that's about it. But I realise that I've developed feelings for her and I need a good way to tell her how I feel. I can't find her and that's the real challenge. So I have an idea I wanted to run by you all. My high school is selling Valentine's Day cards that are designed to help you reveal your secret crush on someone. They will be delivered in the morning on Valentine's Day. I'm tempted to try this as I don't really know how else to tell her how I feel. I'm not a stranger to her; she knows who I am, but our present relationship doesn't go much deeper than that. Would this be a good way to tell her how I feel? Thanks in advance.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Watson
    There's this girl that I've known for a few years now and this is the first year we don't have any classes together. We're both freshmen students in high school, by the way. But having no classes together means I can't talk to her on a regular basis. So I haven't really had that much contact with her all year. I see her walk by in the halls and that's about it. But I realise that I've developed feelings for her and I need a good way to tell her how I feel. I can't find her and that's the real challenge. So I have an idea I wanted to run by you all. My high school is selling Valentine's Day cards that are designed to help you reveal your secret crush on someone. They will be delivered in the morning on Valentine's Day. I'm tempted to try this as I don't really know how else to tell her how I feel. I'm not a stranger to her; she knows who I am, but our present relationship doesn't go much deeper than that. Would this be a good way to tell her how I feel? Thanks in advance.
    Haha, I remember my higschool would let you buy carnations to be sent in the morning of Valentines. It was so silly, most of the time friends sent friends flowers just to make eachother feel better. I never bothered with that silliness. But uh, if it makes you feel better go ahead. Better yet why don't you just buy a card or somethin' yourself and write somethin' personal and give it to her yourself as she walks by in the hall? Best to be direct. That's what I never like to say.

What to say?

Considering I don't really see her much, maybe this card idea would be the perfect thing for me. One thing, though. What's a nice, tactful way of telling someone you like them and that they are special? I don't want to come on too strong but I want her to get the message. As soon as I figure out what to say, I'll buy one tomorrow and have it delivered on Monday.
    Thanks Frasbee!

I'd go for it- what do you have to loose! If it doesn't work out it's her loss. I personally, as a girl, would be very flattered!

Thanks!

Thanks for your encouragement, bluebell!
    I've figured out exactly what I want to say and I'll send her a card and some candy tomorrow. She should get it on Valentine's day morning.
    Hopefully all will go well and I'll get myself a date! I'll keep you all posted. I really hope this works out. I haven't felt this strongly about anyone in a long time. Thanks for all your help.

King Zarathu Guest
    Heh.. dude, ur always posting about how there's this thing between you and a girl. Why haven't you gotten into a relationship yet?

Nevermind.. as much as I've influenced you, RELATIONSHIP to you probably means "****, then forgotten"

And yes, I totally agree with bluebell.