+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does the world think of a single man adopting kids?

What does the world think of a single man adopting kids?

If a guy really wants kids but doesn't have a wife or a lover to have them, is it okay for a single male to adopt? Would adoption agencies be comfortable handing a kid to someone like this? This is assuming he knows how to care for kids and can provide the standard necessities (food, clothing, money, shelter, education, etc.) for the child to grow up in a decent and loving home.

wtf is wrong with you.
    enjoy your freedom whhile you can.
    if you pump enough birds , the law of averages dictate that you will end up with a child anyway. Stop talking gay and get yourself a bird.

lol ^this post. I'm not planning on adopting any time soon. I do want kids in the future, though, whether or not they're mine. I'm unsure if I want to marry or not, so I'm just weighing the options. It seems some people may think I'm "gay" if I do that (which I kind of expected). Thanks!

No, dude, i dont think youre gay, i said you were talking gay.
    If you have a child without a woman , just think about the practicalities. Changing nappies, feeding the little shit etc. its not easy and a woman is better at all that stuff. The mans job is to piss away as much of the money as he can on drinking , gambling and hookers etc. Dont blur the gender roles because u might just not understand what a ballache a child is.

I see no sensible reason why a man couldn't adopt a child. Adoption agencies will almost certainly prefer applicants where there are two parents, but single women can adopt, and in some places gay couples can adopt, so if one and one do make two, you should be fine. I wouldn't have considered it gay even for a moment, the thought wouldn't even have occurred to me if your well intentioned advisor above hadn't raised the idea.

There's no real thing against it, it's just that single parents adopting kids in general seems like a poor fit just because they often won't have time to take care of them properly (time that normally would be shared among two adults), and would probably require the single parent to be job-less, which is a luxury not often afforded in these times.

If a single guy wanted to adopt children, I'd think he was a pedo.... look what happened in Neverland with Michael 'Whacko' Jackson... Hey, just saying... Don't shoot the messenger. )

I dont see no reason for a single man not to adopt. I mean anyone are able to so it would depend when the dude was ready to adopt
    You know if you love someone if you cant stop thinking of them and try to get them

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    1. Why do you want a child and why now?

2. What do you have to offer a child?

3. What is your relationship with your parents like?

That's what I'd want to know.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh