+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Infatuation or Love?

Infatuation or Love?

Read an interesting article on [URL=http://www.kidshelpphone.ca/en/informed/sub_love.asp?sec=3&sb=2]KidsHelp[/URL], explained how to know when you're in love:

Infatuation vs. Love

Infatuation is the initial attraction and intense desire for the other person. Infatuation sometimes feels like love and looks a lot like what is portrayed in many movies, books and fairytales. If you are infatuated you may be:
    -nervous
    -anxious
    -jealous
    -convinced that you can't live without the other person
    -unable to see the person for who they really are because in your eyes they are perfect

Infatuation is usually temporary and eventually fades.

Love usually lasts longer and goes deeper than the strong sexual feelings related to infatuation. This doesn't mean that you don't feel sexual desire for someone that you love - it just means that you will usually feel more than just the initial excitement of physical arousal. If you love someone you:
    -see the person for who they really are
    -accept their good and bad qualities
    -respect their opinions
    -share similar values and beliefs
    -trust that they love you even when they're far away
    What are your views on this? How do YOU know when you're in love? Can we hear some stories from people who have experienced the transition between infatuation and love?
    [url=http://moeburn.homelinux.com/][/url]

Death is like sex in highschool, because if you knew how many times you missed it, you'd be paralyzed.

I had this guy who I was absolutely mad about for two years solid. He used to make me go red when he spoke to me, I used to get really nervous, shake, I used to think about him him all the time, talk about him all the time. I made myself believe that he was perfect and the fact is I've discovered what he is really like and I couldn't have a longterm relationship with him. Now we're just really good friends. I still look at him and think aaaww but it's was just infactuation! It took me all that time to find out- you can be fooled so easily.

I now have this other guy, he has his bad points but at the same time he has loads of good ones too- and I just love him for who he is.

I think when you sit down and decide that you love someone it's not real- it's just infactuation!!