+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do women get sexual desire?

Do women get sexual desire?

The way a man feels when he gets an erection?

Um yes. Can't you get this information from Playboy or something? Or did Canada prohibit that too?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Ok...the guy is asking an honest question. Do we have to give him a smart ass answer!!!

I can only speak for my wife, but there are times that she gets a warm feeling in the clitoral area and she just HAS to have an orgasm. Sometimes it comes from a dream, sometimes from a romantic situation. However, it does not happen as often and as easily as I get an erection. Most women, since they do not have nearly the testosterone a man has, do not have sex at the forefront of their minds like men do. Surveys show that about 80% of couples state that men desire sex more than their wife/girlfriend. But when we get started, she gets into it. The clitoris and surrounding tissue do become engorged in blood in much the same way as a man that has an erection.

But...I am sure the ladies can explain it better than I.

I'm a chick, and Ive been so turned on before it hurt
    It will happen if I read erotica for a long time or if I'm turned on at work but can't do anything about it. I just stay soaked, which can be uncomfortable at times but I get a kick out of how no one can tell! I feel that if I were a guy, I'd be awkwardly trying to hide a boner everyday.

sadie_genie Guest
    I don't know...I haven't had an erection before.

darn, can't tell if a girl finds me sexually attractive then.

sadie_genie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlliance View Post
    Depends on the girl. When I find a guy sexually attractive, I make sure he knows.

Not really, unless you can stick your hand down her pants and feel how slick it is
    How far have you gone with this girl? Is she someone you talk to every now and then? Someone you've kissed? What are you doing that you think is turning her on?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    Not really, unless you can stick your hand down her pants and feel how slick it is
    How far have you gone with this girl? Is she someone you talk to every now and then? Someone you've kissed? What are you doing that you think is turning her on?
    the farthest I've ever gone was holding hands and cuddling, which I guess wasn't far at all!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by romantic_guy View Post
    Most women, since they do not have nearly the testosterone a man has, do not have sex at the forefront of their minds like men do. Surveys show that about 80% of couples state that men desire sex more than their wife/girlfriend.
    Surveys rely upon self-reporting, and are therefore inaccurate. A lot of male ego is tied up in their sexual function, so it is very common for men to exaggerate about their libido and their performance, or to blame their partners for his inability to perform.

Lots of women in their 30s through 50s aren't too pleased with their husband's lack of drive, and believe me: the women ARE thinking about sex.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

the farthest I've ever gone was holding hands and cuddling, which I guess wasn't far at all!
    So are you wondering if there are signs allowing you to take it to the next level?

Yes a lot, society just mkaes them hold back a lot more
    Gary Uranga, Writer of SocialSuccessMastery.com

tremolo Guest
    There are definitely times when I will have sudden urge to masturbate and have to actually remove myself from wherever I am - if in public - so I can do that. romantic_guy described this very well. I get a kind of burning sensation, and I have a hard time sitting still. It's never triggered by the sight of anyone, but rather by something I've remembered or something someone has done that ignites my desire. For example, I might be sitting in the library and be distracted by thoughts of having sex with my boyfriend the night before, or by the prospect of having sex with him that night... I'll get so turned on that I feel uncomfortable and may even have to leave the library to take care of it.

What is interesting is that I never thought much of this idea of 'blue balls' until I was masturbating one time in college and my roommate suddenly burst into the room. I had been on the verge of an orgasm when she did that, and I actually felt pain in my clit as a result of having to suddenly stop touching myself. The feeling was so awful I eventually got up and went to the bathroom to finish.

Yes, we do.

yes, I am worse than most males

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast