+ Follow This Topic
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Please help..... *Should my long term boyfriend of 2 years pay for me?*

Dying with one's boots on is an idiom, by the way. It means I don't plan to die old, feeble and in a hospital. I plan to die doing something I love--on the move, dressed.
    Who cares?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Who cares?
    Will you stop hounding me you filthy old cunt?

Well, I reported you for that, Mr. Size but somehow I doubt it will do any good. When you post though, I shall reply with my thoughts to your ramblings.

BTW The question still stands. Who cares? Who is in your life who cares how you die or even if you're dead?

Who cares?
    Last edited by Wakeup; 14-10-11 at 12:42 PM. Reason: BTW
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I am so glad this thread got away from 'who should pay for dinner'.
    Im going to turn this thread on it's head by saying that the woman should nearly always pay for dinner. Yea I know gender roles and all that, but think about it : shes the one who wants to entice you to be the father of her children, and she wants you to pump that sweaty hairy ugly gash between her legs full of sperm on a regular basis, and she wants to snag you to be her husband, and get that ring on her finger, least she can do is pay. Lol

Ha ha ha... Sorry, couldn't resist that. But honestly, there is absolutely NO REASON why a man, on the same or slightly higher wage than a woman, should EVER have to pay for absolutely EVERYTHING in their relationship. These rules came from a time when women didn't work, and stayed at home to look after the kids. Jesus Christ, this ain't the 1940's anymore, this is the 21st Century, where both genders work and have equality. Grow up and start pulling your own weight.
    Last edited by scott green; 14-10-11 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scott green View Post
    Im going to turn this thread on it's head by saying that the woman should nearly always pay for dinner. Yea I know gender roles and all that, but think about it : shes the one who wants to entice you to be the father of her children, and she wants you to pump that sweaty hairy ugly gash between her legs full of sperm on a regular basis, and she wants to snag you to be her husband, and get that ring on her finger, least she can do is pay. Lol

Ha ha ha... Sorry, couldn't resist that. But honestly, there is absolutely NO REASON why a man, on the same or slightly higher wage than a woman, should EVER have to pay for absolutely EVERYTHING in their relationship. These rules came from a time when women didn't work, and stayed at home to look after the kids. Jesus Christ, this ain't the 1940's anymore, this is the 21st Century, where both genders work and have equality. Grow up and start pulling your own weight.
    I thought we were talking about dating? Once we are talking about exclusive long term relationship , its different......and Marriage is a completely different scenario. I agree though...if i dated a girl for awhile with no offer on her part, Id be suspect.

A general statement but..... social equality of the sexes is a myth. Women want providers and paying for everything during courtship is a part of that. No one will argue its a Man's World. Women accept that and would probably prefer to stay home with children. Unfortunately, in this day and age, thats not possible like it was 40 to 60 years ago.
    Last edited by surfhb; 14-10-11 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    I thought we were talking about dating?.
    No, the OP was talking about her boyfriend of 2 years. She said he paid for the dates when they first started dating for the first few months, but after a while he said (and I quote) "once a relationship has had it's go for a while, that the "burden" shouldn't always be on the guy." The OP then said "should this be a red flag that he is just stingy? He says he wants to save money for a down payment on a house...etc (right now he is renting)...My parents feel like the guy should be paying for mostly everything...My boyfriend was NOT raised with a mother at ALL and just a dad who didn't seem to do much in the way of teaching the roles of a gentleman."

Now, the OP is working, living with her parents, so she doesnt need to pay a lot towards keep. Her BF has his own flat, where he has to pay rent, taxes, gas and electricty bills etc etc, as well as his own food and presumably has a car (I think most of us know the cost of a single guy living in his own flat in the current economy). So, yes, he gets a good wage, but after all the outlays for rent, taxes, bills, heating, food etc for his own place, as well as trying to save for a downpayment on a house (as the OP said in the original post), im sure he's not rolling in money. The OP in comparision gets a low wage, but she doesnt have to give much to her parents by way of keep money. So why should the OP's boyfriend have to "pay for mostly everything"? No doubt the house he's saving to put a downpayment on will be for THEIR future, not just his.

We knew what you meant about the boots you ding dong...... don't really care what ramblings you have to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    I thought we were talking about dating? Once we are talking about exclusive long term relationship , its different......and Marriage is a completely different scenario. I agree though...if i dated a girl for awhile with no offer on her part, Id be suspect.

A general statement but..... social equality of the sexes is a myth. Women want providers and paying for everything during courtship is a part of that. No one will argue its a Man's World. Women accept that and would probably prefer to stay home with children. Unfortunately, in this day and age, thats not possible like it was 40 to 60 years ago.
    Most not all women....I rather be the provider and well I never bothered to have kids....why the F uck would I want to stay home with a bunch of winy drippy nose kids ew! lol. I'll take work any day, I like my money.

You should go get married in some village in India. The bride's family will offer you a dowry consisting of a cow, motorcyle etc
    Maybe they got the right idea ?

Dowrys imply that the woman herself isn't enough of a prize and the family effectively pays you for taking her... Maybe I should put together a dowry for my mum... Hahaha!
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    These rules came from a time when women didn't work, and stayed at home to look after the kids.
    Good point. I still think you're a freak tho.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I've never understood the obsession with post-death.

When I die you can tie strings around the corpse's wrists and feet and dance it around like a marionette if that gets your rocks off. To answer the question, I really don't know. I don't take much stock in people. I can count the number of people who actually mean anything to me on one hand. I know they'd care and they're all that matters.
    Last edited by Jazzersize; 16-10-11 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzersize View Post
    I've never understood the obsession with post-death.

When I die you can tie strings around my wrists and feet and dance me around like a marionette if it gets your rocks off. I really don't care if my dying matters to a single living person. In fact, I wouldn't care if this whole planet went up in flames the moment after my last breath and you all joined me. The universe may as well not even exist after I die for all I care.
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. .......*wake* uh what did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Most not all women....I rather be the provider and well I never bothered to have kids....why the F uck would I want to stay home with a bunch of winy drippy nose kids ew! lol. I'll take work any day, I like my money.
    AGAIN! its a general statement...Jeesh!

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Dowrys imply that the woman herself isn't enough of a prize and the family effectively pays you for taking her... Maybe I should put together a dowry for my mum... Hahaha!
    Well, in Chinese marriages, the brides' families get betrothal gifts. That should be more up your alley.
    But i think the dowry idea works better for your mom !

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast