Hi,

Long story short iv fallen in love (for the first time) with a woman much older than myself (i am 22 she is 41 and has a 10 year old child) and im not sure if I should continue with this relationship.

I am a very studious, to myself, somewhat conservative guy who had no intention in getting involved in any relationship (especially not this one) as I was too excited about starting my PhD more than anything else.Without going into too much detail, it was almost by accident that we got into a relationship.

Anyway we have been 'together' for six months now and I am beginning to feel very strongly about her. In fact since I moved away to start my PhD I have really been missing her so much so I find it difficult to function at times. She keeps telling me she loves me and really wants me to commit to her but one of the primary reasons (amongst various other reasons) I am hesitant is because of our age gap which I have to admit is a pathetic reason. She really wants to settle down with somebody who loves her now but im not sure if I can provide that for her and also worried that if I continue as we are it could be stopping her from meeting a more appropriate potential husband.

Please let me know your thoughts, people, as I am in turmoil - just want her to be happy. Thank you