+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Jobs is dead.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by mwahahaha View Post
    lol, calm down betty.
    Its amazing how you defend someone who made billions out of other people idiocy. what industry did he invent exactly? telephones? cartoons? and as for feeding and clothing 35000 people, dont make me fckn laugh. those phones are made in china by chinkeys on less than 10 bucks a day so fat americans and canadians can have a so called, cant live without, cheap phone.
    His apple shite was and is a total monopoly that only a retard would buy in to. idiots who cant live for 5 minutes without the internet or texting some loser. Try reading a book.
    Anybody that dies a billionare while people in his own country go to bed hungry deserves to rot in hell. If i need to explain why to you, then its you who is a waste of oxygen.
    I'm sorry, but how many peoples paycheque did you sign today?

Right, I forgot your Location, which is "mom's basement". Go away brat, the adults are speaking here.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 07-10-11 at 07:51 AM.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

One adult is speaking, the other has nothing to say, that being you.
    Ask yourself why these wonderful phones are made in China. Tells you everything you need to know about this man and many other billionares.
    As for how many pay cheques i signed today... the same as him thankfully..... zero.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    As for how many pay cheques i signed today... the same as him thankfully..... zero.
    Yes, I thought so. Whatever. I think his death is a loss.

iSad but uIdiot.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Meanwhile , in other news, 20,000 children died today from poverty......a man made preventable disease, but lets all cry about one of the causes because he made some cute cartoons and a fckn phone.
    Tragedy my arse.....
    lol, calm down betty.
    Its amazing how you defend someone who made billions out of other peoples idiocy. what industry did he invent exactly? telephones? cartoons? and as for feeding and clothing 35000 people, dont make me fckn laugh. those phones are made in china by chinkeys on less than 10 bucks a day so fat americans and canadians can have a so called, cant live without, cheap phone.
    His apple shite was and is a total monopoly that only a retard would buy in to. idiots who cant live for 5 minutes without the internet or texting some loser. Try reading a book.
    Anybody that dies a billionare while people in his own country go to bed hungry deserves to rot in hell. If i need to explain why to you, then its you who is a waste of oxygen.
    I find all this hilarious given your passionate defense of Tiger Woods, because hitting golf balls and hoarding money from it makes a real difference in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by steviej View Post
    Even he couldn't beat cancer with his millions of dollars.
    Actually, according to the info I have, Jobs had a strange kind of pancreatic cancer that could be cured. He decided to go for a "anti-cancer-diet" (so called alternative medicine, which means bullshit) and he got a lot worse, he changed his mind 6 months later, but it seems it was too late. He would most probably gotten over the cancer if he had gone with the actual medicine instead of that bullshit.

It's kind of amusing to see how someone who is being described as a genius rely on belief before science.

And please people, stop giving him credit for stuff he never did like "inventing smartphones"? wtf? He did a lot for innovation and was one of the best salesmen in the world, but he was much less important for technology than other people most of you probably don't even know about.

His tragic death makes me feel paranoid about cancer. I feel like doing cancer screening every 6 months now.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    I find all this hilarious given your passionate defense of Tiger Woods, because hitting golf balls and hoarding money from it makes a real difference in the world.
    Lol, how can you compare a computer geek to the greatest living golfer. too funny.
    Both situations are totally different. Tiger was a victim of an injustice based on jealousy and racism. Steve jobs had no real skills that gave pleasure to millions of people, unless u call making money from idiots a skill. Tiger could put aa little ball in a hole from 200 yards and then go pump 3 different birds. He did this for years before getting framed/ caught. If you knew anything about tiger , you would know hismother was a chinkey. whereas stev jobs spent his whole life exploiting chinkeys for profit.
    Please dont compare a genius golfer with a business man. there is no comparison..

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Lol, how can you compare a computer geek to the greatest living golfer. too funny.
    Both situations are totally different. Tiger was a victim of an injustice based on jealousy and racism. Steve jobs had no real skills that gave pleasure to millions of people, unless u call making money from idiots a skill. Tiger could put aa little ball in a hole from 200 yards and then go pump 3 different birds. He did this for years before getting framed/ caught. If you knew anything about tiger , you would know hismother was a chinkey. whereas stev jobs spent his whole life exploiting chinkeys for profit.
    Please dont compare a genius golfer with a business man. there is no comparison..
    I think you've inhaled too much of your own farts in that basement you live in.
    I wazzzz here

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Mwahahaha is an obvious troll people...

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    Actually, according to the info I have, Jobs had a strange kind of pancreatic cancer that could be cured. He decided to go for a "anti-cancer-diet" (so called alternative medicine, which means bullshit) and he got a lot worse, he changed his mind 6 months later, but it seems it was too late. He would most probably gotten over the cancer if he had gone with the actual medicine instead of that bullshit.

It's kind of amusing to see how someone who is being described as a genius rely on belief before science.
    He was eccentric as some smart people are.

He was also a Zen Buddhist convert, took spiritual retreats and credited LSD with opening the door to his creativity.

So his pursuit of Eastern medicine is actually 100% consistent with this eccentricity.

In my opinion, intelligence and eccentricity are often quite disconnected.

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    And please people, stop giving him credit for stuff he never did like "inventing smartphones"? wtf? He did a lot for innovation and was one of the best salesmen in the world, but he was much less important for technology than other people most of you probably don't even know about.
    Incredibly pedantic as to who technically "invented" the smartphone as Jazzersize already pointed out.

Did you know an engineer at Kodak invented the digital camera in the 1970s? Yet it was the digital camera that helped bring about Kodaks downfall and few people even know Kodak invented the digital camera. Why is that? That would be a lesson in business and history but it's connection to this discussion should be obvious.

So why do people respect him?

1) Steve Jobs was a visionary who saw awesome products, and then he had his team at Apple make them as he saw them in his (very good) vision.

2) He made awesome products that people, including myself, love. Listening to my iPod nano as I type this.

3) He created real jobs and REAL wealth in this country. And as Indi pointed out don't forget all the supporting industry. The glass used on iPads and iPhones were invented by a company from a town south of me and has been a HUGE boon to them (Corning Incorporated).

4) Showed the importance of a strong leader in business.

5) Restored faith in the American dream.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't keep up on technology and who invented what, but I sure love my iPod. It's the best thing invented in my lifetime, in my opinion. Don't really care about the phone, and even though I love my computer, I have to admit that my life would probably be more exciting if I threw it out. haha There is no doubt about his major contribution to the job market.

Anyway, in addition to a whipple procedure (where they remove several parts of your digestive organs), I read this poor man also had a liver transplant. Maybe his body was rejecting the transplant? Very sad.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post

Did you know an engineer at Kodak invented the digital camera in the 1970s? Yet it was the digital camera that helped bring about Kodaks downfall and few people even know Kodak invented the digital camera. Why is that? That would be a lesson in business and history but it's connection to this discussion should be obvious.

So why do people respect him?
    Yes I knew about Kodak, but my point is this death is on the news all the time and he wasn't nearly as important to the modern world as other people. I do respect the man and think he did do some good, but it's ridiculous people who haven't even seen the man in real life are CRYING about his death (I know of a few) while other people are totally forgotten. Or worse, driven to suicide like Turing.

Jobs died young. He had a lot more to give. He was also a popular public figure. Turing died in the 50s, and I doubt the general public knew much at all about him then. My friend dying is a tragedy; your friend dying is a shame--if you get my meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzersize View Post
    Jobs died young. He had a lot more to give. He was also a popular public figure. Turing died in the 50s, and I doubt the general public knew much at all about him then. My friend dying is a tragedy; your friend dying is a shame--if you get my meaning.
    Turing committed suicide at 42, Jobs died at 56, so I'd say Turing had a lot more to give (and actually gave a lot more) than Jobs. I get your point about the popularity though, I still think the religious fanaticism towards Apple is ridiculous though.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You seem to really be taking exception to his praise.

And you seem to think that because his greatest contributions were not technical they are not as worthy of the high praise he's getting.

How can you even make a comparison between Jobs and Turing? They did totally different things.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Who is Turing in the first place ... Yes, too lazy to google it .
    I wazzzz here

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast