+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your favourite Quote?

What's your favourite Quote?

I am a big fan of Quotes, lifelong wisdom condensed to one liner or one paragraph. I like to memorise them and improve my fish like memory

What's your favourite Quotes?

Here are a few from Steve Jobs;

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."

"Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."

"No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new."

"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important."

The secret to happiness is low expectations
    Can someone please explain what is so great about constantly being reminded of that which you cannot have?

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I hate quotes, because they are always referenced out of context by people who usually didn't even read the book to begin with.
    Who said that dude? Ive never heard that one before. i like it....
    Oscar Wilde?
    Last edited by mwahahaha; 10-10-11 at 09:59 AM. Reason: comedy effect

By the book, I mean the bible, and by people, I mean christians.
    Ah ok, sorry, i didnt realise you were a muslim, no offence.....

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon.' Need I say more?”

- Chris Rock

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to ones courage."

(I can't remember who said it, though.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Love quotes! Favourite is: LIFE IS NOT 'LIVED' BY ARRIVING AT THE END OF IT WITH EVERY HAIR IN PLACE, BUT BY BROAD-SIDING TO A HALT, TOTALLY WORN OUT, WITH A" YEEHAA! WHAT A RIDE!"

'God helps those who help themselves'

'NO FABLE IS WITHOUT FOUNDATION'

An bad teacher teaches 'all there is to know' - A great teacher teaches 'all that is known...'

LIVE! THE ALTERNATIVE IS DEATH.

YOU CANNOT GO 'BACK TO BASICS' IF YOU HAVE NO MUD MAP OF HOW THE HELL YOU GOT PAST IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Ha! so i keep diaries, which are ful of handy quotes. You will note there are no quote marks on the last 3. they are originals. Feel free to quote me anytime! cheers! what i want to know is; How do you get those quotes down on the bottom of your posts? Type in every time, or is there a way to make them come up every time you post?

By the book, I mean the bible, and by people, I mean christians.
    Hell yeah! 'All sinners seek solace but can't see the writing on the wall!'

I mean... 'Hell rises, Fear reigns, Heaven falls and we're just stuck here in the middle!'

So I say... "if you want to know the bottom line, then take it to the top."

....er... your comment IS facetious , I trust, since you spell 'Christians' without a capital.

Quote Originally Posted by mwahahaha View Post
    Ah ok, sorry, i didnt realise you were a muslim, no offence.....
    ...er.. Bad blue... 'Never retract in retreat what does not detract from the truth'

HOHOHAWHAW! Plus, 'No Off 'ence' is to sit ON fence and have no say attall!" Be brave, dig your own grave then lose the shovel!

hello... Aw gee, I was just getting the hang of it, now no one wants to play...

Ah,well, guess you're all off doing serious counselling stuff, good on you mates. I leave you with this pearler from Buddhist wisdom:

"Where there is understanding no comment is needed, but where there is no understanding no amount of argument is convincing".

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to ones courage."

(I can't remember who said it, though.)
    My best friend Google says - Anais Nin, The Diary of Anais Nin, volume 3, 1939-1944, US (French-born) author & diarist (1903 - 1977) -

“Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsybell View Post
    ....How do you get those quotes down on the bottom of your posts? Type in every time, or is there a way to make them come up every time you post?
    You go to your profile setting......

Don't you love mine?
    “Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-

My favorite quotes

Never regret. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it’s experience.
    - Victoria Holt

I'm unsure of the author of this one: A sniper is the worst romancer, they never make the first move.

"Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for." - Also not sure of the author.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    "I think that if rape is inevitable, you should relax and enjoy it." - Bobby Knight

One of my favorites: "don't waste your time watering dead plants". Don't know the author, though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast