+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my first love/best friend/boy friend left me after 6 years...kindly help.

my first love/best friend/boy friend left me after 6 years...kindly help.

hi there,

I hope you all are doing good in your beautiful lives and wishing you all christmas in advance!

Here's my story...met my guy in college...my best buddy with whom used to play sports, study, enjoyed college life...after which I went for higher studies and he opted for job, works in another city...well since its been 6 years I started conveying him indirectly regarding the marriage issue n lo! He said... I can't do it....reason being family pressure lol well, being from india....family no doubt matters a lot..but I really loved him ..and I believe any guy would be happy with me coz I am good lol. Nevermind ...i didn't let him know that I was hurt and jokingly said I know many girl friends, if he's interested lol...hearing which he sounded hurt and said...its not me but some complex reason (family, he a family guy) and from different caste blah blah blah....lots of cultural differences here, I tell you! so, the thing is it's not gone happen sadly umm and hence I need people's advice on how to deal with it. Though its been15 days we haven't talked ...but kinda missing that cute rascal now so, guys help me out with your precious advice...will feel much Better ,,, till I meet my real prince charming/soulmate...
    Adios

Accept that it's over and keep on moving on. It's hard but with time, you will get over it. You seem to be doing okay though.

Don't know about 'real' price charming or soulmate but I believe there is that 'special' someone out there for all of us. Your ex didn't want to be that person so obviously he wasn't the one. Leave past in the past and look forward!
    “Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-

hey, thanks oneandonly yup leaving is the only option but was thinking why do guys stop thinking and runs away when they hear the 'M' word...lol