+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confidence & Looks

Confidence & Looks

I improved my confidence and hygiene tons yet I still am alone. While around me I see tons of couples at my school. Sometimes I just think I'm this digusting toad and I don't even realize it. Because I'm confident, outgoing, funny, loyal, caring, fun. Yet no one wants to be more than friends with me, and it eats me up inside. And if no one cares about you whats the point of even living? (I'm not suicidal, just emphazising my point).

peshkunta Guest
    Hey, how about caring about yourself. What is this people, why do you have to have someone's approval to like yourself!

Well, it might be looks, but then again it might not: I've seen a lot of not good-looking guys with girlfriends and very good-looking ones without. You just reminded me, I watched an interview with a very hot guy (I think he is a model), and he was telling how one time when he was a teenager, he went to the movies with a girl and as they were watching the movie, the girl went to the bathroom and never came back. I mean, trust me it was not because he wasn't good-looking - and probably the opposite. I've heard that some girls get very intimidated by beautiful guys and that's why they don't want anything to do with them. So, it's hard to tell what's the reason there, but one should not need someone to like them if they like themselves.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    looks isn't everything, but it's usually the first thing that catches a person's eye. i'll be honest with you, however, it's not the looks that creates a solid relationship. the couple that you see might or might not be happy, it depends on the communication.

as for your relationship situation, have you tried approaching girls or are you waiting for them to come and talk to you? if you're not making a move, that might be your mistake because girls can also be timid. oh the other hand, sometimes you just have to be patient and wait for the right one to come along. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I generally wait for some sort of sign, like an eye glance or exchange of smiles, before I go and talk to them, but that doesnt happen anywhere except the next town over, where everyone DOESNT know me already. All of my girlfriends were friends, or girls I had already known for a while.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i suggest that you try making the first move. there are also a lot of girls out there who aren't expecting to meet someone when they go out, yet it is flattering to have someone approach them and ask for their number. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...