+ Follow This Topic

Thread: best way to start a new relationship-what is it?

best way to start a new relationship-what is it?

i am new to these forums and hoping for alot of opinions about this.i have been single for a while by choice and am now ready for a serious relationship.what is the best way to start a new relationship-is it to go to bars and clubs meet someone and build a relationship that way or is that only good for one night stands?is it best to try internet dating-which seems to be what everybody is doing today?can you still meet people in general life as it feels like that very rarely happens these days?is it best to date one of your friends/acquaintances and see how it goes?or do festivals,events,holidays work out better as everyone there is usually alot more open and relaxed?thanks

Well i'm going to big up Dating sites, you don't just choose on looks, but personality and interests, something which is hard when out drinking and skips the first date of finding out how compatible you are.

Dating sites are very competitive....she will be talking to you and 30 other guys. Going out with friends and meeting their acquaintances is an easy start. You could combine that with on line dating.....just forewarning you, from what my male friends have told me, photos on dating sites are deceiving, you don't see what you are truly getting, plus people lie on their profiles, don't mention they have a kid, or are married etc. Keep this in mind, you don't always find love, but love will find you. From my experience if you are not looking, you tend to meet someone that sparks your interest just by chance....so don't make it into a job, enjoy your time going out, going on dates, and keep an open mind at all times....best of luck.

A lot of tools are out there, a lot of women who don't look like their photo are out there also. A lot use it for attention/ maybe backup resorces but will never want anything to do with you. It is nice to run into someone when your not expecting it. normaly that always leads to good things. I'm not a huge fan of the online dating stuff but results are going to vary from different age groups. The younger the age group the more you will see they have no need to even been online looking.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    A lot of tools are out there, a lot of women who don't look like their photo are out there also. A lot use it for attention/ maybe backup resorces but will never want anything to do with you. It is nice to run into someone when your not expecting it. normaly that always leads to good things. I'm not a huge fan of the online dating stuff but results are going to vary from different age groups. The younger the age group the more you will see they have no need to even been online looking.
    Running into someone when you least expect it has worked for you hasn't it?

WTF? I wasn't trying to be rude at all. I thought you had success in meeting someone nice by chance...holy crap who pissed in yer cornflakes this morning? Did I miss something here?

read post wong. yes it worked decently for me and it still working.

Personally, I enjoy meeting people with no pressure. Try meetup. I am a great fan of it. No pressure whatsoever. You just go out and enjoy mingling with other people. It's a bonus if you have someone contact you privately after an event. Then, meet up and see how you get on. If things are not going forward with that person, then you will bump into each other in another event and become regular meetup friends!

Somehow, I have at least one person contact me privately after each meetup. Then, we meet and see how things pan out....... Try it!
    “Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-

Personally, I suggest finding someone through similar interests to yours. Groups, affiliations, volunteer efforts, church, etc. That way you know that at least you have something in common before you start dating.

But, it is different for everyone. I think it tends to happen when you least expect it and aren't looking for it, just as the cliche goes.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

The way I like to see this is to build a lifestyle where you are meeting lots of people naturally.

Work your social circles and start meeting more and more people!

Appart from that you can try hitting bars and clubs at the same time if youre not looking for anythign serious.
    Gary Uranga, Writer of SocialSuccessMastery.com