+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Girl gives guy number instead, help.

Girl gives guy number instead, help.

OK, so Ive been lurking on the forums for a while and I wanna say a quick hello before I ask for opinions/answers. Amy, btw.

There is this guy I met several times and I dont know too much about him but I want to get to know him. I want to give him my number but I have to do it in a quick manner because every time I see him, there are always so many girls that throw themselves at him. He usually kindly declines though..or so Ive heard.

Anyway, How do I give him my number...?

I plan on saying “hey, you seem really cool, text me so we can hang out sometime.” hand him a piece of paper and swiftly walk away. is that too aggressive and/or creepy coming from a girl? Ive never been the one to actually initiate something, its always the other way around.

Guys, please give me your opinions/advice. be brutally honest, idc.

Hey Amy,
    I'm not a guy, but just wanted to say..
    A number hit-and-run does not seem like a good way of getting a guy to repeatedly contact you, unless he likes aggressive woman which I don't think he does judging from him declining girls that "throw themselves at him"

He needs to notice you and realize you are different from all the other girls. If I were you, I would initiate brief conversations with him now and then and make him laugh, or talk to him about something he's interested in, then walk away. If you need help starting something try teasing him about something he's wearing or start a mutual bitch about something at work or class or however you know this guy. Doing these little conversations often will allow you to get to know each other better and your aloofness could initiate "the chase" if he's interested. Or you may learn he's not your type!

Quote Originally Posted by Amaylee View Post
    I plan on saying “hey, you seem really cool, text me so we can hang out sometime.” hand him a piece of paper and swiftly walk away. is that too aggressive and/or creepy coming from a girl?
    That's not creepy or too aggressive at all. If you said "I want to have babies with you and die with you in a suicide pact", you'd be creepy. What you're suggesting sounds very sweet.
    In my opinion, you'd be better off asking if he would like to go out with you. Then suggest exchanganging numbers and let him type your number on his phone right there and give his number to you as well.
    If you see him often and there's no danger of him disappearing, there's no rush. You can converse with him and get to know each other before you make any moves.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

Thanks bloodtiprose and yet another guy! I guess I should start a conversation first but I always feel like I'm
    Being rushed because of other people. I don't know, do guys like it when girls initiate first?

do guys like it when girls initiate first?
    It depends on the guy, so do whatever you are more comfortable with.

girl i been seeing now 2 months gaveme her number and told me to come into her work to see her. im a guy...so yeah it works. after all your gonna pic who you wanna be with anyway so make the lucky sum bitches day.

tremolo Guest
    If this guy always has girls throwing themselves at him, I'd make a point of NOT being the girl who does that. I managed to get several sought after guys in grad school by being practically the only girl who didn't chase them. If you make yourself available to them - i.e., chat them up, flirt with them, and then back off and play it cool - there is a greater chance you'll pique their curiosity and they'll want you - precisely because they're not sure they can have you. That may sound gamey, but it is unfortunately the way things work.

I find that taking the initiative generally does not work out in a girl's favor. The guy might go out with you, but more often than not, he's going to want a girl he had to 'hunt' for - not the girl who sought him out and snagged him (unless maybe they are lazy, have no game, or don't get a lot of attention).

It all depends how many times you see him during the week.
    If a girl did that to me, I would just think she does it to every guy she sees.
    So then I would think she is slutty (I don mind by the way, haha).
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    That's not creepy or too aggressive at all. If you said "I want to have babies with you and die with you in a suicide pact", you'd be creepy
    Wow! I'd like, totally go out with a girl who said that! It's so ****ing romantic!

I don't know, do guys like it when girls initiate first?
    Everybody is different, but if I may generalize, yes.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

Well if you seem to know him enough, shouldnt u have him on FB or some social network? ask for his # sometimes to grab lunch or hang out, its not asking him out or looking too desperate, just hanging out then work ur way to tallking more and if hes interested. he`ll pursue u

I think I'm just going to give him my number and take my chances but still unsure. Decisions decisions.

I gave a guy my number before and he never called, I was pretty disappointed and went back to the ways of being the chase-ie. Some guys are put off by that sort of thing.

I have always done the pursuing.
    My first serious relationship, saw the guy at a local smallish music fest. I was 'moshing' (tiny crowd), spotted him sitting down, went right up and grabbed him by the hands and said "come join in."

Next serious guy, I spotted him in town one day and was instantly drawn to him. He was rolling a smoke so I bludged one off him and next thing i knew we were eating dinner together.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

i think you to find his phone number. you sent message with him.
    good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast