+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just being friends for now?

Just being friends for now?

My now recent 'ex' told me that she didn't feel like she could handle a relationship right now as she is going through so much stress, and she feels that she is hurting me in turn. I've told her that she is not hurting me though I want to respect her wishes, though I don't know what I should do at this point in time. I want to be there for her, be beside her side and hold her hand through these rough times, if she cannot handle a relationship at the moment being friends is the best alternative right?

We didn't 'break up' per se, though we are dropping the boyfriend-girlfriend tag for a bit, I know she still cares about me and I still care about her very much. So is there still a chance for me to be with her?

Walk away!! Why would you want to be with someone that has told you they don't want to be with you??

Just tell her she can have all the space she wants and when she has decided that she does actually want to be with you she knows where to find you.

This is a big red flag!! What happens in the future when she gets "stressed" do you get put back on the back burner again?

You should be a priority not an option.

Go be with someone that really wants to be with you. Doesn't matter that you want to be with her and right now all you will be is her emotional crutch, once she is out of the crisis and doesn't need your support she will dump you out of her life again.

She will play you if you allow her to.