+ Follow This Topic

Thread: When is enough?

When is enough?

So i have been seeing this guy for about 3 years now, he still married but separated. I still haven't met his family and he asked me to wait until December to do so.. I have seen his daughter only once and his wife still goes to all family occasions including holidays.
    I am tired, it is getting to me.. as what am looking for is for a serious relationship.
    am i wasting my time?

Sounds like he could be lying to you about some things. Why isn't he getting a divorce? I wonder how "separated" he really is.

yes, that what he says.. but after 2 years almost 3 i don't know anymore if he is telling me the truth or not

What's so great about this guy? He has baggage and still married? Why do women put up with this crap?

I would think if he wants you in his life he would try to include you as much as possible in the child's life since the child will be around.

Assuming that everything he has told you is the truth... this still isn't a good sign.

His wife is obviously still very involved in his and his family's life. Of course, it could be that she has to be involved, for her daughter's sake. But her going to all family occasions implies that she is still very engaged with the rest of his family members, and his family members may know nothing of your existence. Three years is a long time. If you haven't met his family when you've been together for these three long years, he may not have the intention for you to meet his family in the next three years. Similarly, he has no intention for you to be very involved in his daughter's life either.

He could be serious in his relationship with you. However, he obviously does not have the plan for this relationship to progress, to bring it to the next step. To be more blunt, as of now, he has no intention in making your relationship official or to make it known to his family members, or even his wife.

Talk to him. Make him understand how you feel about this. Tell him in a serious manner, but don't get mad and don't get too emotional. It isn't difficult for you to meet his family members. If he keeps postponing it, he could either have no intention on committing to you or he could be hiding something.

A relationship is supposed to spice up your life, it's supposed to bring out the best in you and make you feel more contented. If it's making you tired and if you don't see the possibility of this relationship changing for the better anytime in the future, then you should probably move on. You deserve someone who likes you enough to care about your feelings. You deserve someone who is eager for you to be a part of his life. You deserve someone who is eager to introduce you to his family. Find out if this guy you're seeing is it. If not, don't be afraid to move on.

Be strong!

You are wasting your time, sorry to say. If you want a serious relationship this man is not having it with you right now. Cut out. Tell him to call you when he is divorced.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.