+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Once a cheater, always a cheater? PLEASE, I'm heartbroken and desperate :(

Once a cheater, always a cheater? PLEASE, I'm heartbroken and desperate :(

To leave or not to leave, that is the question. My boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year now. We're a fairly young couple, he's 22 and I just turned 21. I've taken a trip to another country for a few months, and this entire first month has been nothing but constant arguing! Every other day he's calling me, asking me where I am, what I'm doing, who I'm with etc- like I'm the untrustworthy one. A week ago today, he told me that he cheated on me BEFORE I left! So now instead of thinking we were arguing so much because of the distance and insecurities caused by that distance, I feel like he has been acting how he has because he's feels guilty about what he's done to us He's told me it was nothing I did/didn't do, that it only happened once, and that he will do whatever it takes to regain my trust. I feel so dumb because I am an easy forgiver, and I love him, but I just don't know if our relationship can ever be as good as it was before all of this. I was so committed to him, I never lied or disrespcted him, and I did everything in my power to show him how much I loved him. Although I've forgiven him, I find myself constantly thinking about his selfishness and his betrayal and it makes me so mad and disgusted everytime I do! So even though we are currently still together...I'm having alot of doubts and second thoughts. Once a cheater, always a cheater? Or a mistake can be forgiven if it only happens once? Should I give it this second chance, or let it go while I still have the slightest ounce of dignity and self-respect? ((

Quote Originally Posted by TaraJay View Post
    Although I've forgiven him, I find myself constantly thinking about his selfishness and his betrayal and it makes me so mad and disgusted everytime I do!
    Should I give it this second chance, or let it go while I still have the slightest ounce of dignity and self-respect?
    Well, I think you find the answer in these words you wrote... do you want to be together with someone you feel disgusted about and who you think is selfish? And if you fear losing your dignity and self-respect by staying in this relationship it's not a good sign... you should be proud and gain even more self-respect in a relationship, don't you think?

You're young, you haven't even been together for a year and yet there are problems like betrayal in your life together... if you're not 100% sure you want to be with him and even feel disgust when you look at him and think about what he did, then leave! Why would you want to stay with him when you have doubts?

Hug
    Kyeema

well, I think you leave. because in the worl there are alot of the good man.
    you arent so sad cause the bad man.
    thank.