+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do I have a chance? What should I do?

Do I have a chance? What should I do?

so i dated this kid freshman year, named Connor. we dated almost the entire year, and i swear by it to this day, that he was the best thing that ever happened to me. I was scared of losing him, because i didn't want to push him away with my problems. I was dealing with a lot! Depression, Anorexia, and Self-Harm. So I turned to his friend, Tim to tell everything to, because I wasn't scared of losing Tim, I was only scared of losing Connor. Eventually I fell for this friend and ended it with Connor because I was 'infatuated' with Tim. Tim was pointless and I got more hurt than anything in the world. I broke up with him in September and in January, he started to date this girl named Molly. I was happy for him, although we didn't talk to much. Eventually I had to pull myself together, because my anorexia was getting bad, and I was cutting every day. I got over Tim, and realized exactly what I was missing, and I knew it was Connor. This was in February that I started to realize it. So I told him how I was sorry, and everything, and he was like okay, but you really hurt me, and I'm happy in this relationship now, we can be friends. And i accepted that, and we were friends! Not close like before, but still there. Those whole 8 months since I told him that sucked. I've been used and used and thrown away by guys and everything has sucked, seriously. A month ago his girlfriend broke up with him. We started to text and talk more, and it was lovely. We hung out one day after school, and we laughed and I was the happiest I had been seriously, since we broke up. We hung out again, and I was surprised, when he held my hand, and we snuggled and watched the stars and I sat on his lap by a fire. I was so happy. SO happy. Then we went bowling, and we ran around an empty parking lot and he picked me up and put me in the back of my truck on top of him and we held hands and talked and watched the stars again. We were constantly texting, and talking and I loved it. His best friend told me, straight up, that 'I know for a fact he likes you'. So I got my hopes up super high. And then my friend eric told him yesterday, and I didn't know it. I asked connor later what eric said to him, because no one would tell me, and this is what he said; "basically eric told me that you liked me in a manner in which people date each other.... The thing is alyssa I really don't think a girlfriend is something I need right now. He wanted me to make sure I knew not to get your hopes up, but i dont want thist to affect our friendship cause I really like hanging out with you. I just dont want to make you get mad at me" and i was like oh yeah, of course, i won't deny i like you, but i know we're only friends! and he was like okay good, and carried out our conversation like normally. i dont know if that means he needs time since its only been a month since molly, or if hes trying nicely to say that he really doesnt like me and cant see us together again, or if he might kinda like me but doesnt want to hurt me by waiting, and i just have no clue what to think. Should I move on? Should I wait and be his friend and maybe he'll fall for me again? What do I do? I have no idea... please help, thank you!

And for the record, like Tim was the friend I fell for while I was dating Connor. But Tim was POINTLESS and ended up not liking me and nothing came out of it whatsoever and we don't even talk anymore. So I can't go for Tim. I don't WANT to go for Tim either.

it sounds like you always need to be with someone or be working on getting with someone.. have you addressed these issues with a psychologist?

I think Connor was good to be honest to you and not string you along. Who knows.. he may be healing, scared of rebounding or just not see you in that way anymore (when your gf dumps you for your friend that often does irreparable damage to someone and often screws any further chances)