+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She says she needs time and she's different now!

She says she needs time and she's different now!

I really like this girl I met at my college and she told me that she likes me too. And we both were serious about it and we didn't go in to a relationship cos we agreed to get to know each other better cos we both wanted it to work. She's 2 years older than me and she says shes okay with it but I guess she's not. She told me that she needs a little time cos she's going through a tough time with her studies and all.

And now she's acting all weird. She doesn't text like she used to. Never calls like she used to. She used to start conversations a few months back! But that person is suddenly gone

Will she come back after some time or what do you girls think? I don't text her much now cos most of the time she doesn't reply to them and I don't wana look needy either.

Thanks in advance

Maybe she is busy with studies, or maybe she changed her mind and doesn't want to talk to you anymore. If she just starts ignoring you without giving you a reason, that's just bad manners. Do you really want to date someone with bad manners?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

You say she 'used to start conversations...' Do you ever 'start conversations' too? Maybe she feels it's a bit one-sided? Maybe she's just really busy. If she's not replying to texts that's a problem. Perhaps she feels that you're being too clingy and pestering her all the time? It's hard to say unless you talk to her about it. I'd definitely say at least a few days' space is in order. Leave her alone for at least 2-3 days and see what happens. (Girl time is different from guy time and 2-3 days is a long time for girls, although it's a nanosecond for guys in these situations).

Meanwhile, stop and have a think. How long have you been seeing each other? It's normal for ALL relationships to hit a 'speed bump' somewhere between about 3 - 6 months where one or the other starts to become unsure if they want to continue to 'the next level' or not. Sometimes it's getting a bit serious, maybe one or the other starts talking about long term plans or something and that can make the other one stop and have a think.

If you really like this girl, give her some space and then when you do see her don't be afraid to ask her how she's feeling. Women usually like to talk about their feelings, although mostly men don't like it as much. If she says she's not sure, don't panic. Ask her what she wants. Does she want to 'see other people' does she want you to give her more space.... Just listen to her. That usually works wonders.

Good luck.
    "The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself." - Oscar Wilde