+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In love with best friend and getting mixed signals

In love with best friend and getting mixed signals

She's my best friend and I love her, lately she's been sending some mixed signals. About two months ago we start hanging out every day and this lasts about two weeks. The next time we hang out we're sitting next to eachother and she rests her head against my chest (she has never done this before in 5 years of knowing her) so I put my arm around her shoulder, she doesn't shy away we just keep talking. Sence then she's been very physically close with me. Last week we're at a party, she's leaning in a doorway and I'm leaning on the oposit side talking to her she presses her back against my front several times before giving me a long hug and playfully stealing my fadora. An hour or so later she calls me over and sits me on the floor and gives me a back rub and that's when my lack of partying lately comes to bite me (haven't partied or drank in 3 months just haven't really had the opertunity). The problem is she has a bf and she talks about him at legnth. She's not the type of person to cheat or even do this while she's with a guy so I think she doesn't even realize she's doing this. I love this girl more than anything and this is trully confusing me so what's going on with her and what should I do

hmmm I think she is leading you on and she is not stable. I think she likes her boyfriend and talks about him all the time, but she also leading you on because in reality she doesn't really know what she wants. She probably just want to have fun and play around. So I would say avoid and ignore her. My friend is sorta being like that too. She would constantly talk about the guy she's seeing, but she be going clubbing. Lately, my friend (i knew him for couple months only) been talking to her and he asked her to hang out. She keeps telling me that he asked her to hang out and he held onto her hands. I told her he asked me to hang out and held onto my hand too, so she was like oh good. (In her mind, I'm pretty sure that she thinks that he likes her and is interested in her.

I think in her mind she thinks he is leading her on. She even asked me if she was leading him on by agreeing to hang out with him and not say no. I think the fact that a guy is interested in her and she feels a little interest in him, it turns her on. Though she has a great personality, gets along with people easily, and speaks her mind and all, but she is also the same as this girl your telling us about. They are both unstable and will continue to be stable until they mature and find the right guy for them.

In the mean time, I think you need to avoid her until she clearly knows what she wants.

She is using you as her emotional tampon....you would be known as a cuddle buddy and this is not kool. She has no intention of having a relationship with you. She knows you have feelings for her and she is taking advantage of it. Even if you express your love for her, she won't be leaving her BF anytime soon. Distance yourself so you can actually find yourself a real GF.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    She is using you as her emotional tampon....you would be known as a cuddle buddy and this is not kool. She has no intention of having a relationship with you. She knows you have feelings for her and she is taking advantage of it. Even if you express your love for her, she won't be leaving her BF anytime soon. Distance yourself so you can actually find yourself a real GF.
    This, just play it cool man, no one wnats an emotional rampage after this.
    Gary Uranga, Writer of SocialSuccessMastery.com

Also she has always openly disliked all my gf's she has met, eith the exception of them I have never met someone who she er vrn disliked

Why does is seem like all the guys that are in love with their female platonic friends wear fedoras?

OP: Do yourself a favor and stop obsessing and thinking that she's somehow falling in love with you. Start treating her like one of the guys and don't let her hug you and cuddle you like you're her real live teddy bear anymore either. Keeeeerist, little girls like her make me pissed off. Guys like you need to stop letting little girls like her do their shit.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Jealous doesn't mean love. She just doesn't want some other girl cutting in on the free unobligated attention that you give her.

It's been an epidemic lately. I hate girls like this too, but honestly, the pathetic "nice guys", that fall in love with their friends who have zero interest in them are way worse. They're the ones that give these girls the power to do what they do.

HookahMike, stop making friends with women. Kiss every girl you meet, within the first three times you meet, unless it is through class or work. If she's not okay with it, stop talking to her. Unless there is a tangible reason for you to be friends with a woman(she's going to help you make money somehow, she can get you into places, she can hook you up with free drinks at a bar, etc..) don't let friendship be an option for women, and you will not have this problem anymore.