+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm kinda stomped here. Advice?

I'm kinda stomped here. Advice?

I met this guy online about five years ago. (Wait for it.)

We became fast friends, and a couple months later decided that he was growing feelings for me, and so wanted to come down and start the dating thing. Now, when we first met I was underage. I was 17 and he was 22. At the beginning, I told him I couldn't give him a picture of me, because I wasn't allowed to. He understood. But then my friend, who also knew him, gave him a fake picture, saying it was me. And so he thought that I was this chick, and I had no idea. *Until* I posted pictures of me, and he found out that I wasn't this centerfold chick he had been falling in love with, and he distanced himself from me. Which, was painful, because I thought we were good friends and he just kinda've.......basically, ditched me for a couple weeks.

Well I guess he realized I didn't look *too* unattractive for him, and so we started talking again, but I would notice he would be very distant. He had also became very sexual with me at the same time (talking about my body, using words like f*ckable, going on about my rack, stuff like that) and we realized that on those grounds, we had alot of sexual chemistry.

Fast forward, and now I am a senior in college . He wants to come visit me later this month, but I just feel conflicted about it. I *Do* want to see him, I want to the see man I've been texting, phoning, video chatting and MSN'ing for the past five years. But another part of me thinks he'll just come down here for a good time, and I will never see him or speak to him again. Before, I did have some romantic feelings for him, but no longer. I just don't want to be considered a piece of meat. I asked him if he just wanted to have sex, and he said no, he wanted to come spend some time with me. And if sex happened, it happened. But he's a man, and he could be seriously lying.
    I still want his company, because I do enjoy his personality, and our conversations, but.....I just feel like he may just be using me?

To be honest, five years is a long time to try to get into someone's pants. So I don't think he is talking to you online and being your friend for five years just to get some. But with coming to visit you, I am sure he is hoping to explore that sexual chemistry you talked about. In fact, that is probably what he is thinking about every time the subject comes up.

But what it boils down to is if you don't want to have sex with him, then don't. And if sex is the most important thing to him, then you will have another piece of information about him that you can add into the five years of knowledge you already have.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

I htink you just gotta keep control of yourself in the situation and everything is going to be fine
    Gary Uranga, Writer of SocialSuccessMastery.com

I can relate, in a way.

If you don't want to sleep with him, then tell him so from the get go.

Thank you for your advice.

I guess I just feel like, since he reacted the way that he did with the picture, he doesn't want me as a person, he wants me for sex. And yes five years is a long time, but.....would a man wait that long if it promises to be worth the wait?