I'm gonna try and give a quick background without dragging it out. I've known my now ex girlfriend for 4 years and we are both 36. We were at the same boat marina and she was married but always flirty and talkative with me. Last year I found out she got divorced, after 13 years, after they left the marina so I contacted her cause I liked her. After about 6 months we finally got together and started a relationship. Things were great for the first 4-5 months and then some small ups and downs like anything else but I did have my guard up a bit cause of the situation of her being newly divorced (about a year when we started dating) so some of it could have been her wondering about me.

I eventually opened up and things started getting really good between us. Over this past summer there were a few incedents where she made me feel like she didn't care about me or the relationship by things she said or did. (can provide details if needed) this started making me wonder where her true feelings were and after she went on a business trip in august for 5 days and acted very shady about what was going on, I still don't know but had a bad gut feeling, and the story she told didn't quite add up I broke it off with her.

That following week she did everything she could to get me back including driving up to see me. (we live almost 2 hours apart in different states) After talking to her and thinking about what my feelings were, I loved her, I agreed maybe we could "date" but not be exclusive even though we both said we really had no desire to date others. That went on for a month and her treatment of me amd communication was great so I told her we should be official again and we were. Shortly after that little red flags started popping up with her. She would not contact me like was the usual, would not readily say she loved me(although that was never something she did all the time), started going out with her "girlfriends" more to bars and even lying about doing it though I found out, and even was texting a guy we both knew being flirty with him and even saying to me one day she wondered how bog his penis was.

Obviously this behavior started bothering me. Then she started not even bothering to call or text me much at all even going days at a time without that nightly call giving reasons like being really busy at work or falling asleep early or being really stressed out from work and not feeling like talking. Then she told me for the next month or so she really wasn't going to have time to see me cause of her office job being so busy and her having to work extra time to get it all done. Even going as far as to cancel on her going to a fun Saturday event/party we made plans with to attend mutual friends to be at weeks in advance saying she would be too busy working.

All the time I was trying to be supportive of her and let her know I was always there to talk to to let some of the stress out. After enough days went by where she made me feel insignificant by not wanting to talk or get together I told her I needed some time to not talk to her and think about things. She didn't like that and was suddenly all about contacting me and was worried I would break up with her. I saw her on person after a few days to try and talk it out in person. She told me she didn't know why she was acting the way she was and didn't know why she was "running away" from the good she knows she has with me. After that talk things got back the how they used to be for about 5 or 6 days but then she started not talking again. I didnt hear from her last Thursday night but she told me Friday morning she had fallen asleep early which I didn't believe completely but let go. We text a few times that morning but communication stopped at 11:30 am and I didn't hear from her for the rest of the day.

That night I talked tone of our mutual friends at around 10pm and he said there is no way she would still be working this late on a Friday night which I was already thinking. I waited until 11:40 pm and then text her kind of rudely that this just isn't gonna work and that I deserve better treatment then she is giving me and we are done cause I deserve better than the treatment I'm getting. 40 minutes later at 12.20 I get a response saying F U and all kinds of very rude coments and that she has been working all day. I knew this to be a lie since she has never in the past year worked anywhere near that late.

I haven't contacted her since and she hasn't contacted me. I know in my gut she hasn't been honest with me for a while now but I don't know why. Was she just not truely ready for a committed relationship? Did she just want to have more of the sigle life with her girlfriend? Did she find someone else? I'm at a loss to understand what happened and even though I know in time I will no doubt find another and get over it it's eating me up wondering what happened. Can anyone shed any light on it for me? Could it even be possible that she was being straight but I was so wound up that I jumped to conclusions? I would appreciate any input anyone can give and I can give any details that may be needed. I'm just having trouble knowing if this is something I should walk or even run away from or if it's something common that might somehow be worked out in time. I do love her dearly but at the same time I know I need to respect myself and look out for me. Thank you to any who can help and sorry for the long read.