+ Follow This Topic

Thread: When should you stop waiting? Someone please help :(

When should you stop waiting? Someone please help :(

Me and my boyfriend met when i was 15. We were together for 2 years when he cheated. It absolutely devistated me. I forgave him for what he did, but there was still a distance between us and we didnt get back together. he kept saying he needed time, and we wouldnt talk for weeks at a time. I would try to forget him, and move on, and start dating again, but he kept coming back into my life in one way or another. It was on and off for 6 months. With him always saying we had to stop talking for a while so he could sort himself out. 4 months after the breakup he told me he hated me for having gone out on dates, and fooling around with other people ( not sex and me and my ex were not together when any of this happened ) when he was the one who would not go back out with ME. I decided to move on for good and stop being hurt. After a month and a half of not talking i found out that he had cheated on me more than once. Out of spite, i slept with this guy he absolutely hated. it achieved nothing and i completly regret doing it. a month after id slept with that guy as " revenge " he ex called me out of the blue to tell me he still loved me. We started hanging out again. 2 weeks later i finally got up the courage to tell him what happened. He was devistated. But we tried to move past it because we both had messed up. We decided to keep seeing other people, but were still hanging out alot and trying to be just friends in hopes that maybe this could fix our broken relationship in time. obiviously this was a bad idea. I finally told him after 2 months of this i didnt want to even think about being with other people. I know he was the only one i want and i didnt want to keep doing this. i wanted to be with him. He agreed. a month after this i found out he was still lying and sneaking around with this girl. they were " just friends" but she thought they were seeing eachother. the three of us all ended up being at the bar the same night, and isaw her try to kiss him. i freaked and me and my ex got in a really bad argument. He didnt see what he had done wrong. . I was so angry and hurt that he would lie to me again. After a week i told him i could forgive him, again. and that being with him is what i want. He said that is what he wanted too, and that girl was just a security blanket because he didnt trust that i wasnt going to sleep with anyone again. Ironic seeing as he was the one who cheated? i think so. But we decided to try again. I fell in love with him all over again. I felt like a 15 year old girl seeing love for the first time. After a few months we drifted apart again.But i kept holding on. Begging for him back. Waiting. Eventually he stopped saying he loved me and stopped acting like it. And after 7 months of waiting i decided that i had to end it " for good". It is now 2 months that we have been apart. I thought i had moved on, until a mutual friend had told me that he missed me alot and still loved me. We started texting. In the 2 months i had hooked up with this guy that i was seeing. i do not regret it. at all. But knew that in asking for my ex back i had to tell him what happened. Needless to say, this did not go well. Yet he still says that the breakup was a wake up call for what he was losing, and he still loved me and couldnt see any other person in his future and he would never give up hope, but because i was with someone else, he said that we couldnt be together now. This all happened in the past few days and i am now desperate for advice on how to win him back. or get over him. or if this is just absolutely ridiculous because i had never cheated on him. or lied to him. about anything. even when we were seeing eachother i didnt hook up with anyone else. I love this man and i want to be with him. But i feel like hes really ****ing me around. My friends are all friends with him, and dating his friends. I really need an outside perspective from someone that can talk to me about all this. Im desperate. someone please help me decide if i should change my lifestyle, and wait, and try again in the future. Or am i just being pathetic and crazy?? im so confused I dont feel like what iv done should stop him from being with me if he really does feel the way he says he does. Shouldnt the fact that we love eachother, and want to be together NOW matter more than what happened when we were apart? Someone please give me advice

Sorry for be brutally honest here, but if a guy cheats on you, how can you want him back? It's a relationship that will go no where. If I had a girlfriend and found out she cheated on me, I would leave her in a split second. Get over him. I know it will be hard but in time you will feel better and meet a guy who wants you and only you.