+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I hate the "game"-can't we all just say what we feel.

I hate the "game"-can't we all just say what we feel.

To give you an insight on my life, I would consider myself, and have always been told, that I am an attractive guy. I have actually been offered some modeling jobs, but I am what you would call a country boy, so I said NO WAY. But my downfall has always been my confidence (that is slowly coming back though) and my terrible habit of smothering a girl too quickly.
    So I met a girl the other night, well I knew this girl vaguely, which is to say I knew her name. She actually came out to see my friend, but when we went to the bar, my friend completely blew her off, so as usual, I became the ‘other guy’.

During our time spent talking, she told me some personal things she is currently going thru, like her parents getting divorced. I then realized that because my friend blew her off, there was no way I could leave her in her state of vulnerability. So we sat there the rest of the night having our own little conversation at our table of friends, talking about stuff that most people should only talk about on the 10th date like; my past relationships, her past relationships, family issues, etc etc. It was to the point that I even told her “I almost feel like your gay friend” (no offense intended in that statement). She told me that she has always dated the complete asshole guys, but given her current family situation, she said that all of that has to change (like I have never heard that before).

Next, all my drunk buddies are heading inside to dance, but it was obvious that both of us did not want to stay out, so SHE actually looks at ME and say’s “do you need a ride home”, naturally I said yes. So she takes me home, I get her number and we talk a little bit more and that’s it. Since then I have been playing the texting game (this always screws me up). Her home (home when she is away from grad school) is very close to mine so, I jokingly tease her about coming over to hang out, she says yes. Then she says she is watching a movie with her mom and she doesn’t want to leave her bc she had a bad day, which I completely understand and I was extremely understanding of that. So naturally I start talking about meeting up another time. After she told me about a week that she has off the week after next, I replied with a very ‘unmanly, nice guy-ish” comment; I said “would it be weird if I went ahead and planned a little something for us to do”, she said “not at all”. I could go on and on, but the bottom line is, I was not getting the responses I was looking for. She responded to everything and I know that everything she said was positive, but I just got a feeling she wasn’t that interested. (I am sure I am reading into that too much).

So I slow down the texting until the next day, and in an attempt to recover from my neediness act from the previous day, I start out with the normal “how was your day” etc. But then I really mess up by saying “I apologize for coming on a way too strong the other night i.e. texting you all night, and being way to honest and blunt with you considering I barely know you”. She replied “It’s fine, I promise”. That has been it since yesterday. Now this girl is a little shy and somewhat socially awkward at times, but that could be bc of personal issues, but hey, I am too.
    I know I am reading into this a bit too much, but what should be my next move, given the last contact? And if you tell me “do not contact her until she contacts you” what should I do when it becomes the week after next and I told her I would plan something for us to do?

Ay ay ay! It seems to me that if you're handsome, nice, thoughtful, kind and attentive this cannot be a bad thing? Why are you so unsure of yourself? There must be dozens of girls who would just love to go out with you. Have you had some bad experiences in the past? Most girls absolutely love lots of attention (OK, within reason!).

Why on earth would you think that when she said 'That's fine' that means you have to stop contacting her (especially if she is a bit shy as you say)? Just work out a nice restaurant / movie / whatever and ask her out. This is not a difficult situation. She might only have been picking up that you were being a bit hesitant and was wanting you to take the lead?
    Last edited by Tanguerra; 18-10-11 at 02:18 PM.
    "The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself." - Oscar Wilde

I agree with Ms.Tanguerra.

Dude, stop being so paranoid. Believe in yourself.

WOULD EVERYONE PLEASE STOP THESE TEXT CONVERSATIONS!!! STOP IT ALREADY!!

Call this girl up and ask her out like a real man