+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High School Relationships

High School Relationships

This is a thought that was brought to my attention in a conversation with a friend about a month ago. I am currently in a relationship that has been going pretty well. I am a 17 year old, senior guy in High School. But there lies the problem you see.

I am curious as to what other people think about high school relationships, such as the one I am in. The girl I am with means a lot to me, but since we have almost no chance of staying to together after high school, is it really worth continuing?

After all, with time we will become more attached to each other, and therefore when we do break up when I graduate, the breakup itself will be more difficult. Would it be better to break it off now? Or even looking further back, is it ever a good thing to be in a "serious" relationship in High School?

It sort of goes back to the old, "it's better to have loved and lost, then never to have loved at all" I'm not sure if I agree with that, in this case. What do you think?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wait till after, cause that way, as you said, you probably won't see her after highschool, break it off now, and you'll still see her around till graduation.

I think you shouldn't worry about the end like girls always do. Stop worrying how to end it and worry about how to continue it. Just because a lot of H.S. relationships end, stop acting like for sure it's going to end. That's just a rumor that like 99% do. It's only like 60%.

High School realtionships are all about growing up and learning about things that involve you, and the other sex. Do not break it off because your afraid of what is coming. You don't know how things will end, have a great time with what you have, in the time that you have it. Because if you go through life worrying about losing something/someone because time poss. says otherwise...you'll hardly live to the fullest.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree with Innova.

Enjoy the relationship while you're in it......every relationship you are in in your life will teach you more about yourself, what you really want in a relationship, and how to handle things in future relationships. God knows, you may be the one in a million that actually stay with their high school gf (but don't count on it). But think about this....would you buy a car and then sit there and go...."aw man, one day this thing is going to break down and I'll have to junk it....maybe I shouldn't have bought it at all!" No, thats completely ludicrous.

I'm glad though, that you are at least somewhat realistic and not like most of the kids on this forum going "I'm in hs and I've been with my bf/gf for a whole year and I just know we're going to be together forever and get married!"; then they end up posting here a month later freaking out because reality came and smacked them in the face. Just roll with it, have fun.....if it lasts, good for you, if not, well.......thats life. There's always someone else down the road.

Yes sir, I agree. Ditto. yep, that's it.

If you want to continue it, just continue it. Throw away what everyone else says about continuing a HS relationship if you want to continue it.
    [url=http://moeburn.homelinux.com/][/url]

Death is like sex in highschool, because if you knew how many times you missed it, you'd be paralyzed.

I believe I said what Innova said, he just said more. Everyone just ****ing skips what I say. I'm done helping people.

What???

Thats a pretty selfish way of looking at it. How do you know nobody read what you said? I did, this is a forum...your not the only person in here thats going to help somebody. What you should worry about is that everyone pretty much agrees what this person needs to do. This community is a team, not individuals. Thats how I look at it anyways.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

Theres nothing wrong in having a 'serious' relationship in high school, as long as you do not let it control your life and ruin your studies. Still see your friends and make sure you get your work done. Having a relationship allows you to go through the growing curve, learning what relationships are all about. Its not that people dont take them seriously, its just that the people in them shouldnt take them too seriously themselves.

It is unrealistic to think that you will stay together forever after school (because of universitys, colleges, work, which could take you to different sides of the country, or just in general how much people change between the ages of 17 and 20) but dont end the relationship if you are enjoying just because of what mite happen down the line.

If it ends, dont let it affect your school work, just learn from whats happened and move on. At least you are aware that it probably will end, and are learning and enjoying it now. Good luck -x-
    ******* 7 Times World Champion Michael Schumacher - the ultimate sporting hero *******

Just because a lot of H.S. relationships end, stop acting like for sure it's going to end. That's just a rumor that like 99% do. It's only like 60%.
    I would check the statistics again. After many years of doing "stuff" I can honestly say that I cannot think of one single person I have met in the past 10 years that has actually married their High School sweetheart and is still with them to this day.

Not one.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

This is the dilemma I'm facing now, I'm 16 (turning 17 later this year) and I'm not sure whether to hit on any girls. If I do, my parents said they would be concerned that it would affect my work and stuff, if I don't then it makes me feel empty as many of my friends have their sweethearts. I know this is not permanent but it is a tricky dilemma.

richard: mate if u want to hit on girls do it! Im sure your capable of not letting a relationship affect your work and stuff, you obviously seem to have your head screwed on so just go out and enjoy yourself, get some practice in!
    ******* 7 Times World Champion Michael Schumacher - the ultimate sporting hero *******

High school isn't about the studies or good grades..its about learning and living before you are let out into the reality. My last girlfriend broke up with me because i joined the armed forces and she says its gonna be to hard to say goodbye....sooo i said whatever and met some new chic that would love to have a little fun.

Help

I've go a dilemma, There's this girl that i've been really good friends with for 4 years now,But i'd like to take that relationship to the next level. my problem is that if she doesn't and i ask her out i cant just blow it off and continue with my life like i could if she wasn't my close friend. I would have to live with her looking at me weird and probably feeling kind of uncomfortable around me for a long time. What are some ways i could tell that she feels the way i do? and if she doesn't, what are some things i could do to move the relationship in that direction?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast