+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need advice..trying not to mess this up

Need advice..trying not to mess this up

I am currently working abroad and I just recently met a new guy in town. I met him over the weekend and we ended up spending the weekend together. We saw that we had a lot of things in common and I think that we both really like each other.

My only thing is that even though he told me he is looking mainly for friends, he told me that he likes me and would like to see where things go. He seems like a really nice guy, different from the jerks that I am attracted to. I like him but I think that things went a little too fast for us and even though I am interested would like to take things slow. I am a little afraid though, because he just moved here about two months ago and hasn't really met a lot of people yet and am afraid that once he finds a group of people he might just ditch things with me.

We are supposed to spend some time together this week, but I feel so awkward now. He is a bit shy and I am really outgoing and so he will probably be used to me being the initiator in things, which I have no problem with, but I just don't want to seem too aggressive.

So, in order to slow things down for me, how should I approach this situation?
    Last edited by Hayden10; 18-10-11 at 09:07 PM.

You talk to him. Tell him exactly what you said here and listen to what he has to say about it. It can really be that simple.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Thanks Devon. Well we were supposed to hang out this week but I had to cancel because I am sick. I sent him a message on facebook telling him that I couldn't hang out this week, but we could do it on the weekend. Well he never replied and its been all day....now I am really sad and disappointed ....should I just let this be done?

Just go with the flow and if something happens it will.

You cant force something to happen but it will more likely happen if you spend more time together.

Well he did reply and said that he will keep me posted as soon as he gets some money from his parents....but is it bad if a guy waits all day to reply to your message? or am I just overreacting? cheers

You are overreacting to how long it took him to reply to your message. Maybe he wasn't on Facebook until then. Maybe he was busy. Maybe a lot of things. Don't read too much into things like that. Some people just don't think much about texting, etc.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden10 View Post
    Well he did reply and said that he will keep me posted as soon as he gets some money from his parents....but is it bad if a guy waits all day to reply to your message? or am I just overreacting? cheers
    You are overreacting. Did you tell him why you could not hang out? If you don't give an explanation, he might assume you don't like him.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Thank you for the advice and kind words. But I have decided not to pursue anything with this person. Thank you for caring