+ Follow This Topic

Thread: An unusual break up?

An unusual break up?

Hi guys I was hoping to get some advice, because something new happened to me and i don't really know how to deal with it.
    My girlfriend broke up with me. Not because we didn't work out, it was because she has a bad relationship and also partly social anxiety.
    I don't really know how to deal with it because my breakups usually were caused because it didn't work out between me and the partner. I asked if i put her under pressure or if I did something wrong but it wasn't because of that. She also never really had another relationship with somebody else because she never wanted to do that, because of that anxiety.

Should i try to help her with that problem somehow or just let go of it and move on? Please give me some advice :S

How do you feel about her? Do you get along well? Are you attracted to her? Do you have interests in common? Do you have fun together? Do you think you might love her? It's a bit hard to advise you without this information. If you think this might be love and you think it's worth the effort, sure, you should try to help her with her problem. That's what friends are for, isn't it?
    "The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself." - Oscar Wilde

I do really care about her a lot and of course i'm attracted to her and we always had fun and everything... we also have common interrests and all that. Thats why the breakup came really suddenly and unexpected to me. I wouldnt know how to deal with it since she said that its really hard to be in a relationship for her and additionally she said that she cant deal with getting a "relationship person" because of all the anxieties right now. i dont have a clue what to do...

well she told me that she prefers to be alone, because she feels imprisoned in relationships and she said the most important for her is freedom...
    this sucks... at least i realized that she isnt deserving me then, because if somebody really likes you than this wouldnt be in way...
    well time to get over it somehow... thats life =(