"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    ... lolzzz ...
    That made me laugh too hahahaha
    I wazzzz here

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would not recommend buying her vagisil as a way to broach this delicate subject.

Are you familiar with the quote: "what I lack in decorum, I make up for with a complete absence of tact". That is what that approach says.

This is your wife, yes? Who you love very much. So, IMO you need to open the conversation with her permission. Start with something like

"Honey, I would like your permission to raise a delicate subject."
    "Its nothing urgent or life-threatening, but I would like to discuss it. Is now a good time?"
    "I'm a bit embarrassed how to raise this but, do you remember the other night when...?"
    "I wasn't completely truthful in my answer. Sometimes I have noticed an odour..."

Reassure her you love her, decide on a course of action and most important, keep the subject about her (not about you and how you've been put off--that will make her feel bad/defensive). It won't be as short a conversation as you'd like b/c you'll need to salve her feelings (embarrassed, worried) before you move on to solutions.

Good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

This thread is hilarious! How can a guy wait 7 YEARS and put up with that shit? You shoulda said something WAY before now. Hell, I've had to tell chicks on first dates to get that thing washed or NO ACTION! Its not so hard -

"honey, your pussy stinks worse than a dead dogs ass - get that thing washed FFS!"

It may be a bit of a mood killer, but if they're really into you they'll play the game.

What about doing it all subtley? Suggest you have a shower together. Then, right in the middle of washing her ass, just drop in to the conversation - "God! Im glad you agreed to a shower with me, cause your pussy smelt ****ing disgusting! No offence!"

Or perhaps next time you get into bed with her you could try the "uuuuugh! What's that horrible smell? Can you smell that too? It smells like rotten fish!" approach. Then wait till she volunteers that it's her cumbucket, and all sorted with no comeback on you, as shes the one who said her pussy was rank rotten, NOT YOU!

Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you tell her that everyone else's pussy's you ever been with smelt fine, and it's only hers that ever stank, cos some chicks get offended with shit like that.
    Last edited by scott green; 19-10-11 at 03:37 PM.

If I were you, I'd take the "IndiReloaded" approach rather than the "scott green" approach. I'm just say'in.

It was a vagisil douche commercial that got HER on the subject. If he brought her home a bottle it would be the perfect lead into what they had previously been discussing. He can play dumb like he thought she might like to try it since it was her that was worried.

Or, he could just do like any normal long term married couple would do and go straight to the point by telling her that he hedged the other night in fear of hurting her feelings but yes, some times c**t smells like c**t and it'd be cool if she tried the product so that he didn't have to worry about her worrying while he was down there. Or if she liked he'd just face up to it after she'd had a nice bath.

If you can't tell your life partner this kinda thing than wtf? I'd have no qualms in telling my hubby if he reeked.

Quit the tippy toe fer keeeeeerist sake.

You've soldiered on long enough, OP. You can pick up your Above and Beyond Statue at the next "Gennies" Award Dinner.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 20-10-11 at 04:16 AM. Reason: "her" to "he"
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I was going to post the exact same thing, she opened the door after all.

To the OP
    just look at her and say, "so were you going to try the vagisil you saw the other night?"
    when she says "why, should I?"
    say to her "it is up to you, i just thought you were interested in it, and it never hurts to be cleaner down there"

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    That made me laugh too hahahaha
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I would not recommend buying her vagisil as a way to broach this delicate subject.

Are you familiar with the quote: "what I lack in decorum, I make up for with a complete absence of tact". That is what that approach says.

This is your wife, yes? Who you love very much. So, IMO you need to open the conversation with her permission. Start with something like

"Honey, I would like your permission to raise a delicate subject."
    "Its nothing urgent or life-threatening, but I would like to discuss it. Is now a good time?"
    "I'm a bit embarrassed how to raise this but, do you remember the other night when...?"
    "I wasn't completely truthful in my answer. Sometimes I have noticed an odour..."

Reassure her you love her, decide on a course of action and most important, keep the subject about her (not about you and how you've been put off--that will make her feel bad/defensive). It won't be as short a conversation as you'd like b/c you'll need to salve her feelings (embarrassed, worried) before you move on to solutions.

Good luck.
    This is EXACTLY what I was thinking. Be honest, and don't be passive-aggressive about it by buying her stuff.

Come on people. Its 7 years its time to stop being polite and start getting real. I buy my husband mouth wash cause he has stinky breat sometimes. Vaginas smell bad sometimes its dark and warm and wet its really not a big deal. But i will tell you that i myself use that stuff i linked you to and my vagina smells like flowers ok?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    Come on people. Its 7 years its time to stop being polite and start getting real. I buy my husband mouth wash cause he has stinky breat sometimes. Vaginas smell bad sometimes its dark and warm and wet its really not a big deal. But i will tell you that i myself use that stuff i linked you to and my vagina smells like flowers ok?
    You're married to him, no? What's wrong with honesty?

My wife's told me that I need to go brush my teeth... big deal. She's also asked me many times if she needs to go wash... So what?

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    You're married to him, no? What's wrong with honesty?

My wife's told me that I need to go brush my teeth... big deal. She's also asked me many times if she needs to go wash... So what?
    Well, it's no big deal to some of us, but OP's looking for a way to do it so he doesn't look like the bad guy.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. I know that if my hubby didn't come right out with it and made it known without the flowery bullshit like: I love you but ... then followed by asking permission to speak his mind or such then that would make me wanna smash a No.9 cast iron skillet over his smarmy arsed head. Just tell me for goodness sakes. No enabling by telling us what we want to hear, around here.

If women are worried about not smelling fresh then maybe they should voluntarily make sure they bloody well are. O.o
    Last edited by Wakeup; 20-10-11 at 03:23 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I do not see what is so bad about getting her some. She's probably too embarassed to buy it herself and chances are she knows she can be smelly. Just tell her you thought she might want to try it. You dont even have to tell her she stinks. Buy yourself some axe and say you wanted to try this stuff out you were curious or something.

Btw regular soap is not the best stuff to clean this special area.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Well, it's no big deal to some of us, but OP's looking for a way to do it so he doesn't look like the bad guy.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. I know that if my hubby didn't come right out with it and made it known without the flowery bullshit like: I love you but ... then followed by asking permission to speak his mind or such then that would make me wanna smash a No.9 cast iron skillet over his smarmy arsed head. Just tell me for goodness sakes. No enabling by telling us what we want to hear, around here.

If women are worried about not smelling fresh then maybe they should voluntarily make sure they bloody well are. O.o
    That's pretty much my wife's attitude...

And not to get too graphic, I really dig the way she smells.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Some people can handle the direct approach, however, some do not respond well to it. The key to good communication is to tailor it to your audience. If you want angst-free results, that is. The one-size fits all bulldoze approach causes as many problems as it solves. Honesty is not a virtue for its own sake, but to improve everyone's situation in the most respectful way possible. Particularly for those you care about (I think).

OP - only you know your wife's personality. Remember: this isn't about you. Therefore, tailor your approach to the way you think will solve the problem with the least amount of embarrassment to your wife. I mean, why would you ever want to increase it? You don't seem the type to want her to feel bad.

Good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast