+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaginal Odor: how to break the news

Vaginal Odor: how to break the news

Okay, here's a difficult and touchy subject: feminine odor. Last night a vagisil commercial came on tv and my wife asked me, "if I had feminine odor would you tell me?" and I stammered something like, "well, the only time I would notice would be during sex, and that's not a good time to say anything." to which she said, "you're right, but now would be a good time." and I said, "no. I mean, occasionally, but no not really."
    The problem is, that was a lie. She often does have it and it has been pretty bad at times. I've never said anything because I know it will really effect her. I don't want to hurt her feelings. When we have sex, it's great, but it's not as free and spontaneous as with previous women who had no odor issues.
    I love my wife. We have an amazingly good marriage based on honesty, friendship, deep love, and respect. I am torn between not wanting to lie to her (I have never done so) and wanting to protect her feelings. I was given the chance to openly tell her about this issue last night and I blew it. Is there anyway to bring it up again and tell her that she does have an odor issue? How do I do that without making her feel like a fool or feel gross or feel lied to?

Buy her some vagisil as a gift and tell her that always feeling fresh is part of being sexually confident and spontanious and you don't want her to be worried about such things. Tell her not to use it often because it can screw up the ph balance in her woohoo and cause ordorous maladies. Then ask her to bathe before bed so she can be confident that she's fresh and you'll let her know if after doing all that she's still not fresh so that she can see her doctor to make sure it's not an infection of some sort.

That's all I got.

That conversation will likely bring up a "So I do smell then?" from her at which time you tell her casually, yes but it's not a rose and I don't expect it to be one.

Unless she has an impaired sense of smell .. Keep in mind It's likely she knows she's not always just out of the tub fresh and, she did ask.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 19-10-11 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Changed the word "occassionally" to Casually which is what I meant to say.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    That conversation will likely bring up a "So I do smell then?" from her at which time you tell her occassionally, yes but it's not a rose and I don't expect it to be one.
    What a great way to put it! That's great. it is being honest without being offensive.

My wife is very conscious about that. She does not want me going down on her unless she has had a bath or shower. She also does not like having sex if she did not have a shower unless she washes off. So, my question: is the odor that way all of the time, or just when she has not had a bath/shower?

I thought vaginal odor was caused either by a yeast infection, or bacterial infection, and she needs to see a doctor to determine which it is, and which medicine she should get.

Yes, tell her, but in a sensitive way. Start with "You know how much I love you, right? Well I have something we should talk about."
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    I thought vaginal odor was caused either by a yeast infection, or bacterial infection, and she needs to see a doctor to determine which it is, and which medicine she should get.

Yes, tell her, but in a sensitive way. Start with "You know how much I love you, right? Well I have something we should talk about."
    I think that's why RG has asked the very good question:
    So, my question: is the odor that way all of the time, or just when she has not had a bath/shower?
    Op has yet to respond.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by romantic_guy View Post
    What a great way to put it! That's great. it is being honest without being offensive.

My wife is very conscious about that. She does not want me going down on her unless she has had a bath or shower. She also does not like having sex if she did not have a shower unless she washes off. So, my question: is the odor that way all of the time, or just when she has not had a bath/shower?
    It is not all the time. Only if she hasn't bathed. But I have never been with a woman who needed to bathe before sex. We always just got down to it. And every now again, with other women, sometimes there'd be a bad smell, but it was never offensive. It would be just a bit more musky or sweaty. And for me, one of my favorite things to do is to go down on a woman spontaneously. I've always been able to do that. With my wife, not so much.

Wakeup, your advice is great. I appreciate it.
    And I think you're right. The follow up will very likely be "so, I do smell." and your reply to that is perfect.
    Any advice on getting into the conversation? For me the stumbling block is how to start.
    "I wasn't completely honest last night..."

And in addition, the fact that I haven't said anything in 7 years, but then brought it up a day later after having virtually lied to her, will make her think I've been feeling this way all along (which I have mostly). I guess bringing it up again today makes it into a much bigger thing than if I had just been honest last night.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Davyjones View Post
    Wakeup, your advice is great. I appreciate it.
    And I think you're right. The follow up will very likely be "so, I do smell." and your reply to that is perfect.
    Any advice on getting into the conversation? For me the stumbling block is how to start.
    "I wasn't completely honest last night..."

And in addition, the fact that I haven't said anything in 7 years, but then brought it up a day later after having virtually lied to her, will make her think I've been feeling this way all along (which I have mostly). I guess bringing it up again today makes it into a much bigger thing than if I had just been honest last night.
    Don' start at all. I mean, if you won't make a big deal out of it, she won't get offensive. You can turn this way around like Wake up said. You buy those things and say that since you thought she may be worried she smells down there, you bought her some products so she can be sure Or something like that .Ask Wake up
    I wazzzz here

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I disagree with buying the cream (or whatever.) That's being caught off guard with no prep, that'd put you in the doghouse. I'm more into the "babe, remember last night when you asked me about _______, well I was caught off guard and wasn't entirely honest. So the answer is yes, at times it isn't all roses..." then reassure her sex is awesome despite this hiccup and you're sure a quick trip to the drug store will solve all and that you still love her .

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well that's gonna hurt her bad... And I think OP wanted to be delicate about it...
    Even if she said she wanna know, she definitely doesn't wanna hear it from her partner ... That's ultra embarassing... If there's a way to tell her without hurting her, why not do it ?
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    Don' start at all. I mean, if you won't make a big deal out of it, she won't get offensive. You can turn this way around like Wake up said. You buy those things and say that since you thought she may be worried she smells down there, you bought her some products so she can be sure Or something like that .Ask Wake up
    I agree with PP.

If you were to buy it for her and indicate to her that you did it because you sensed her paranoia about such things so she could try it in order to re-assure herself because you don't want her worrying about things and have her worrying while your down there and not enjoying the moment.

It's too bad you didn't seize the moment when she presented it but now that it's past at least being concerned for her will make it seem less about being her smell being offensive and more about maintaining her thoughts to the pleasantness of what you're doing without HER worrying. If you know what i'm trying to say here.

Try getting her to eat more fruit and drink more fruit juices and drink lots of water as well. If it's REALLY bad, even after she has freshly bathed then she probably has a vaginal infection and should have it looked at.

P.S. Buy her a garter belt and stockings and have her ditch the pantyhose whenever possible. Those contraptions (pantyhose) can cause orders to be trapped when the veejay jay can't breathe properly

Good luck.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 19-10-11 at 12:26 PM.

[url=http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?skuId=792400&productId=792 400&WT.mc_id=Shopping_Feed_Products_Google_Free_Li sting]Buy Vagisil Odor Block Protection Feminine Wash Light & Clean Scent online at CVS.com[/url]

get some of this stuff. tell her that you thought she'd might like to try it. if she asks if she smells say, "yes, sometimes." she'll be mad but she'll get over it and she'll start washing her ass correctly and be more conscious of it. you're married. you have to sometimes tell your spouse these things, not go seven whole years letting your sex life suffer because of it.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

she'll get over it and she'll start washing her ass correctly
    ... lolzzz ...

Yes. I've got to say there shouldn't be a 'funny smell' if people are keeping themselves clean (guys, that goes for you too!). There should be no need for various products which are expensive and can mess with the natural chemicals that we have in our bodies.
    "The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself." - Oscar Wilde

Honey, your stench trench needs dredging.
    "Never make someone your priority, when to them you are only an option"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast