+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling down....need some words of comfort

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlustboy View Post
    What do you mean can't meet a guy? I mean, if you're pretty, you surely have guys pawing at you whenever you go out. Is it an issue of not finding the right guy? They tend to be few and far between (and usually married or in LT relationships by their late 20s).

Might try something different from whatever you're doing now to meet guys?
    It's partly not finding the right guy and partly not having guys pawing at me. I know what the problem is (I hear it all the time from my sister and best friend). I'm too introverted. I'm really bad when it comes to socializing. I'm really nerdy and quiet and tend to avoid social situations (especially if I dont' know anyone there) so that's probably why I'm having a hard time meeting someone. I think guys get scared when they see me all quiet and serious but that's not who I am all the time! Unforutnately, I think I come across as unapproachable (and maybe even arrogant) but in reality, I'm just really, super shy. Sometimes, I blush when a guy just tries to start a conversation. However, I can be really fun and adventerous when I'm with someone I know. I think I need to either find a fellow nerd who'll understand me or someone who's really outgoing and totally my opposite who'll be able to pull me out of my shell
    Last edited by geekygirl; 22-10-11 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aylie View Post
    i hate to sound like a bitch but prettiest in highschool? that was 10 years ago.
    It's ok....I was just trying to explain the situation as best as I could - I wasn't trying to be catty or arrogant or anything. Sorry if it sounded that way.

Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement!! I really appreciate it and I definitely feel better. I know what I'm going to do - stop comparing myself to my friends and start concentrating on my grad school applications so I can get into a kick-ass school

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12