+ Follow This Topic

Thread: badly need advice

badly need advice

I registered an online match-making site. First I started to talk with a girl. On the first day, we talked for an hour and her daughter was crying (it was probably her bed time), I suggested she can put the kid in the bed and call me back if she wants to talk at night. She said she would call me back but she did not. Then I texted her a day later, she did not reply. After a day or two she says she wanted to talk. She said she was not ready because she is afraid about the fake people online. Then we talked a day or two and we talked about whether it should be exclusive or not. It seemed to me, that she wanted it to be exclusive, as soon as I said I am ok with being exclusive, she stopped talking to me. A few days later she texted me back that she wanted to talk, it seemed like she wanted to keep searching and still talk to me. We talked on thursday, we talked pretty late on Friday night and she seemed to breathe heavily and not watning to go even at 2 am. She said she can talk on Saturday at night. She called it off on Saturday around 10pm. I did not reply when she called it off using a text. Two days later I texted her twice on FB and she did not reply. I felt clueless whether she likes me or whether I am showing too much interest. What should I do? Walk away? Am I suffocating her? We have not talked for two weeks. Should I contact her on the phone? I am aware of typical HPD/BPD types, it did not seem to me that she was one. On the other hand she gave some mixed signals. If it was upto me, I would call her and talk to her and find our whether she wants to talk. There is every chance that she would not take my call.

hi. U should contact her and talk to her more. Gain her trust and then u can move further. I hope this helps!

Two weeks and you haven't heard from her? I would guess that it is done, but if you wanted to send her one more text saying you were thinking about her and wondering how she was doing, there is no harm in that.

The thing about online dating is that a lot of people like to explore their options online. They talk to a lot of people, send mass texts, go on a lot of dates, etc. None of this is bad, per se, but you just have to understand that this is what they are doing. If you are looking for an exclusive long term thing before even going out with someone, chances are you are not looking for the same things.

She may have been testing you on the phone. Or she might just have found someone she thought was more compatible/interesting/etc.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just move forward and find more people to share your interest.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

well I left her a voicemail and I thought she would not respond and I moved on and she called me 4 days later. She was driving and I just came back from the Gym and she was driving. I said to her "I would let you go since you are driving and I came back from the gym" and hanged up. I actually moved on by that time. I called her and she did not respond(as usual?).

I have been doing online dating for about 2 years now. There are fakers online, but they are rare. What is more common are people who want a relationship, but simply won't call you back when they say they will. In this case I move on to someone who actually calls me back.

She sounds too busy with other things to be dating. I'd move on.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)