+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he playing mind games?

Is he playing mind games?

Recently I met a guy who I genuinely liked. He approached me and we exchanged numbers and I invited him to come by and he agreed. On the night we were supposed to meet, he did not show up. Two hours later, he sent me a text message saying that he had left his phone on the bus he was taking and his friend that was with him on the bus recovered the phone and brought it to his house. Ok, I accept that crap happens. However, he then sent me another text message after-ward saying "If you have patience, you will succeed and this was a test from God". My gut reaction to this was wth! Please advise me....

yeah, like god isnt busy enough with all the wars and famine. In his spare time he tests this comedians gfs patience. Delete this noob from your phone..

honestly i dont know how valid this guy is towards you i myself am a guy who has done this before. the reason being is that i was to insecure to actually go out and meet the person. call it being shy or just jitters. I myself really need a forward girl i dont want to throw herself to me but to show and tell exactly what her intentions are.

I honestly don't know how I could have made my intentions any clearer. I actually asked him about this strange text message and he said that I should get over it because "when we live together, he'll be at my beckon call"......

I had asked the guy to come over to my home so that we could talk and get to know each other better instead of going to lunch and having to rush back to work, I don't know what other evidence of interest a guy needs.... I dunno...maybe you're right...maybe it was just nerves on his part but I've let him go because that just was sort of odd.... oh and I also told him as well that I liked him...I don't know if that counts....

Um....I have actually seen him on more than one occasion and he finally decided to ask for my number one day. I've met with him for lunch a few times as well and afterwards invited him to meet me at my house to take a leisurely stroll around the block and talk under more relaxed circumstances since he lives close to me as well. So, I didn't meet him just once.
    Last edited by elfen31; 21-10-11 at 07:29 AM.

^^^ Good for you:

So, the first time you asked to see him after work he bailed on you and he didn't ask for a reschedule? Do you know for sure he's not married? Does he call you at times other than during the day? Have you even heard from him since he bailed?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So the reason he didn't contact you was b/c your info was on his phone? That seems plausible. The God message would throw me tho. Sounds weird. Go carefully.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Yea him not contacting me due to supposedly misplacing his phone was definitely understandable. The message was what made me wonder.

sadie_genie Guest
    Sounds like a weirdo or a religious fanatic.

He doesnt even kno ur mind 2 playin wit it, if anybody is its u. Dont even bgin 2 entertain this nonsense! My response woulda been, " who is this?"

Drop the guy. Any guy who is sane, and likes a girl is going to do everything possible to not scare her away. Saying weird cryptic text messages and stuff is a red flag.

Yea guys he did it again...stupid me....he asked me out and I said ok coz unfortunately I liked him. He told me he was on his way and then surprise, surprise....he didn't show. And no, he didn't say why he didn't come or anything else for that matter. So I get the message loud and clear. Only this time there was no "God" attached lol.