+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice Needed

Advice Needed

i split up with my bf of 2 years 2 months ago after he done some gambling and it all got to much for me i hit him and we both decided it was better we split up until he sorted himself out! he ahs now told me this ownt be until March 2012, but then he wants to get back togther the problem is i dont know how to cope we still talk on the phone and text not every day but a few times a week but we dont see eahc other, so that its special when we do next year. we ahve agreed to get little christmas presents and birthday, do you think this can work?

I am not sure I completely understand. He has a gambling problem? and you hit him?

basically he use to gamble every couple of months and he knew i didnt like it he had no money due to owing his mum back for his mistakes and one day i just lost it and hit him but this is so out of character for me. i would never do it again and he knows this. he says now that he should have got the help before it got to where it did but toher than that everything was perfect

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by npage View Post
    basically he use to gamble every couple of months and he knew i didnt like it he had no money due to owing his mum back for his mistakes and one day i just lost it and hit him but this is so out of character for me. i would never do it again and he knows this. he says now that he should have got the help before it got to where it did but toher than that everything was perfect
    How are you sure you'd never do it again?

If he is getting help, the imposed March 2012 may be something that he has been told he needs to do. Just like Alcoholics Annonymous, Gamblers Annonymous and other such organizations, they have certain programs they go through, and certain steps they are expected to do. This may be one of the steps for him. I am not going to go into details because I don't know enough about how the programs are run or set up, but needless to say he needs to focus on his problem right now.

And it is never ok to hit someone. More importantly, in a equal relationship, he should have every right to hit you too, so you have to ask yourself, would you like that?!?!

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by workingman78 View Post
    If he is getting help, the imposed March 2012 may be something that he has been told he needs to do. Just like Alcoholics Annonymous, Gamblers Annonymous and other such organizations, they have certain programs they go through, and certain steps they are expected to do. This may be one of the steps for him. I am not going to go into details because I don't know enough about how the programs are run or set up, but needless to say he needs to focus on his problem right now.
    I know plenty of how these programs are set up. You just show up to a meeting and go from there.

The OP wasn't detailed enough on the "problem" though. Gambling every couple of months isn't indicative of a problem, just a misuse of money.