+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my boyfriend is pushing me away

my boyfriend is pushing me away

Me and my boyfriend have been going through a rough patch just lately and its mostly on his part. We have been together just over 2 years and he seems down all the time and he is stressed at work and says he needs a break from us. He says he loves me and wants to be with me and i am the one. But its hard to understand why hes pushing me away and not wanting to see me. If it were me all i would want to do is be with him because he makes me happy. He has other issues with his homelife and it hurts that he doesnt want my help. I do not know what to do for the best

I made the exact same mistake with my ex.

I had issues myself like my mother just been diagnosed with cancer, work was getting me down and i had cold feet about us at the time.

I called a break and i then realised i made a mistake and went running back to her after a short period we got back and a year later we split up again because i became a different person those issues i had changed me and it effected my relationship and i do regret all the bad things i did like for instance i was unaffectionate, distant, bad tempered and thats just a start.

In the end i became paranoid, aggressive and the above.

Corner him and tell him how you feel make sure he has a wake up because my ex did try telling me but because of those issues i had i just shrugged it off and didnt listen not because i didnt care it was because i had alot on my mind and it didnt register, then one day i accused her of cheating by screaming down the phone and its the biggest mistake i ever made she picked me up and told me she didnt want to be with me anymore and i didnt quite realise at the time. if you end it and say enough is enough he might realise what hes doing and will then come back to you after resolving those issues.

I hope your relationship doesnt go the way mine went. Best of luck x

Some people just need to deal with things on their own sometimes. If he is requesting time, give it to him. Just let him know that you are there for him. Don't assume that everyone handles things the exact same way that you would.

And after 2 years, I find this comment to be a little disturbing:

Me and my boyfriend have been going through a rough patch just lately and its mostly on his part.
    His part? It takes two people to be in a relationship and it take two people to make a patch rough. Try to be a little more understanding of his needs and not think something is wrong with him because he isn't exactly like you.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!