+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Odd behavior

Odd behavior

I am trying to understand what happened to move on.

I was dating a wonderful widowed man (Young widow- wife died a few years ago) for a few months (I'm divorced).
    My friend set us up (Who is related to him). We had much in common, we got along great, and a strong connection. He met my kids (but only as a friend among other friends), threw one of them a very nice birthday party, and he was planning on spending Thanksgiving with me (From what I heard).

He had a couple year relationship with a woman before me, but they didn't consider themselves serious. My friend said that during our dating, it was the happiest she saw him in a long time.

2 weeks ago, he broke up with me. He claimed it couldn't be long term and he just wanted to be single, but still wanted to be friends. During the breakup, he was trying to be as sweet as possible and trying to hold me, yet very emotionless. I took it pretty hard and didn't see it coming because he was so sweet right beforehand.

Since then though, I heard he had a huge change of attitude. According to my friend, he has become very annoying/ jerky, which is unlike him. Inviting himself over to their house. He joined a website for dating shortly after he broke up with me for a casual fling, but choosing women who want a long term thing. He got upset I didn't text him when he returned an item back to me. He lashed out at someone at a store.

My friend and I still don't know what happened. His reason for breaking up with me- according to my friend- is: I didn't like football (Although I watched it with him) and his wife used to. He can't give her a good reason.

I never saw a guy who acted like this afterwards (Not even my ex husband). Especially since the breakup was his idea. Does anyone know what this could mean?

I wouldnt spend ur precious time n energy on anyone that has a made a conscious decision 2 leave me. That simple sweetheart. Kno ur self worth.