+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to handle this situation?

How to handle this situation?

So I guest bar-tended for a local bar on Friday night and it was my first night in doing so. This girl walks in the bar later in the night and looks at me and when I look back at her she'd look away. We talked throughout the night and I got her to smile and laugh and I could definitely tell she wanted my number.

Well, when she was about to leave with her sister,I over hear a conversation that she asks my friend: "How can I get your friends number?" He said just ask him for it you'll get it" So I go over and she asks is it ok if we exchange numbers?

She then said I bartend at another local bar tom night you should come and visit me. I said ok I will and she left.

30 minutes here's how the text conversation went:

Me: I'll be there tomorrow
    Her: def sounds good im glad! u actually made my night
    Me: Oh really?
    HEr: yeah! I really had a good time! u made my night
    Me: Well I'm glad
    HEr: I really hope you come up
    Me: I am
    Her: Ok see you tomorrow

Then I texted her the next day asking what was up and she said really didn't reply back so I asked her later on that I we should get together sometime and she didn't respond. I figured I would actually visit her to see how things went and see if there was any point of bothering with this girl.

So I visit her and she says I'm so glad you came...Sry It I didn't respond my phone was dying and i was busy doing other things in the day..so I stuck around for about an hour then it got really busy so I went to leave and I said we should hangout and she said We definitely will...and then she said text me later

I know this sounds so terrible and what not but I've handled situations like this wrong before by texting constantly so should I see if she communicates first? And does she actually sound interested?

She sounds like a victim of texting. Don't text her, call her and use the voice function. If she doesn't pick up then leave a voice mail for her to call you back and if she doesn't call you back then NEVER initiate contact with her again. This texting bs is starting to ruin peoples ability to actually communicate verbally with one another.

Find out quick if she's a flake so you don't waste your time.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Your right but if someone asks for you to text them, they should text back..at least I would think so. OR if someone says we are going to meet up and hang out same thing applies...

Agreed. As I said "find out quick if she's a flake" by being direct and asking her out on a specific time for a specific date and if she doesn't respond or she makes some lame excuse without suggesting a specific reschedule date then you'll know she's a dweeb without doubt and you can move on with confidence from her dweebness. Fk her and the horse she rode in on, dude.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Your right last night i told her to get a hold of me if she wanted to meet up or talk today or sometime this week. I'll wait and see if I don't hear anything should I just forget it or should I at least try once and see if shes waiting for me to contact her. I hate this whole text me later and then they are so busy they cant text you back..it's so annoying and confusing

Quote Originally Posted by anth11 View Post
    Your right last night i told her to get a hold of me if she wanted to meet up or talk today or sometime this week. I'll wait and see if I don't hear anything should I just forget it or should I at least try once and see if shes waiting for me to contact her. I hate this whole text me later and then they are so busy they cant text you back..it's so annoying and confusing
    When you told her to get a hold of you if she wanted to meet up or talk, you gave her a choice to flake while leaving you wondering. Next time be more confident and direct. Ask her to do something with you on a specific night. If she hedges or makes an excuse without suggesting another night/day that is more convenient to her then drop them (her) then and there. If they are'nt chasing you, then they are'nt worth your time, should be your motto.

Her, I'd not bother with her again. She's most likely a flake and if she's not she'll call you and be excited about getting together. Consider this a lost opportunity ...

Her lost opportunity, certainly not yours.

Cheers.