+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Love

Wink My Love

Okay, well, this isn't very spectacular as far as love stories go, but it's real, and it involves one of the most important people in my life.

We were both 16, young, and innocent. Well, as innocent as one can be at 16 years of age. I was a new student at my High School that year, and a shy, intimidated introvert. I remember seeing her on my first day when I walked into English class, as I sat down alone, part hoping she would see me, and part hoping that I was invisible to the world. She was sitting with a group of her friends, and they were looking at me and whispering something to one another. Then one of them, a portly guy, pointed at me and asked me if I'd like to sit down with them. Well, not wanting to be rude, I accepted, and proceeded to the only seat available, which was conveniently just to the left of the girl. I sat down and looked over. She had dark brown hair, that fell straight down to just below her shoulders, a cute little pixie nose, and a pair of the most beautiful brown eyes that spoke of untold innocence and love. She was leaning over her school book, coloring a forest scene that she'd drawn on the cover. I was immediately interested in her, not only for her beauty, but in a common interest in art. I quietly took out my pencil and began drawing on a scrap of notebook paper. The other people at the table began asking me questions about who I was and where I was from.
    Soon enough, we all became friends, and the girl and I became closer and closer over time. Halfway through the year, one of our mutual friends told me that this girl had a crush on me. I was shocked, I'll admit, because it was so unexpected. I had grown attatched to her as a friend, and had somehow missed the bond that had slowly grown between us. So I decided to take advantage of the situation... I wrote her a note:

*the note*

Me- Hey. I have this problem. I have two girls that I think like me right now, and I like one of them. But I dont want to hurt the other one.

Her- Well, who are the girls?

Me- One of them is Lindsey. You'll have to guess the other one though. You get three guesses.

Her- Okay...how about one guess... Me?

Me- Ding Ding Ding! You win!

Her- What do I win?

Me- Umm... me!
    *end note*

After that, we dated for like a week and then broke up. So what happened you ask? All that, and nothing happened?

Well, As the next few years passed, and we grew older, she and I remained good friends. I continued to hear little hints from her friends that she wanted to get back together, but nothing ever happened.
    So, finally, it's graduation time, and we are all gathered around in our final good show circle for Theater. It's where all the seniors get a chance to reflect on their time in the Drama department of the high school. I was listening to all these people get up and say their spiel, some of them crying, some laughing, and some saying good riddence. But then it came to me. I had thought and thought for the past 3 years about what I would say when it became my turn to speak, and here I was now, drawing a total blank. I had no inspiration to speak, no wisdom to pass on, no tearful goodbyes. I started off saying thank you to my teachers for spending so much time teaching me, but suddenly, out of nowhere, it dawned on me that I may never again get the chance to see this girl again and tell her how I really felt. I was more scared that night than on any other night on stage, but I knew that I was going to say it. So with my stomach turning in knots, and clasping my clamy hands, I turned to the person who had kept me sane through all the hormones and the drama, the person who had made me feel the happiest I had ever felt, and the person who gave me the first kiss not from my mom. I looked at her, and when I did, I unexpectedly began to tear up, and the words began to flow out of my mouth without pause or thought. Just raw feeling. In front of more than 60 people that night, I confessed my love to her, and that that love would never leave me. She smiled at me in the dimmed light, and I knew that those words I spoke had been more true than anything I'd ever said in my entire life.
    It's been 2 years since I moved away from that town. She and I see each other ever Christmas, and spend the night at coffee shops, talking the night away. I figured that my feelings would have subsided by now, but they have only grown stronger over the time and distance. She may not be the girl that I spend the rest of my life with, but I'm happy none the less. She's still part of my life, and that is the most important thing for me. I will always love you E, until the day my breath leaves this body. Thank you so much for being part of my life.
    Last edited by JoGorilla; 16-02-05 at 08:06 AM.

Do something about this girl. Don't let her slip through again. You have something, let it grow. Someday it will be a treasure worth keeping. Keep working on it. Every relationship starts as an acorn.

Lucky you...

Nothing more to say.

Crap, you got me all teared up and emotional. Somebody pass the goddamn klenex!

Why dont you go wit her again? I missed that part. Every thing seems perfect so why isnt she the girl to spend your life with?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."