+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Akward

Akward

This might be a long story but it bothers me a lot (I'm sorry if my Englisch is not very well..)

I have a good friend who I know for a while now. He really is a funny guy and he always jokes around. He doesn't really talk much about serious things against other people but with me he can talk well, my friends say. I liked him a lot but I didn't want to admit it because I did not want to ruin our friendship. but then when we went to school camp. and everyone went along and he did too. before we went to the pub I had drunk quite a lot. He doesn't drink much and when he drinks, he will stop drinking if he gets a little tipsy. my best friend knew I like him and pushed me towards him while we were dancing. So at one point I was dancing with him and that was more intimate until we started kissing. we were making out and dancing all night. The next day I knew almost nothing of what had happened and it was as if nothing ever happened. So that day we went to the pub again and I was drunk when I grabbed him by the hand and told him that I liked him, the only thing I can remember it is that he she: really?! I said yes and then he said again really?! and then he asked me something about staying friends, I said yes again, then he asked again and I said yes again. (That's all I can remember)
    After that camp again it seemed again like nothing ever happened. until they started talking about it at school. One day a friend started talking about it and when the boy I like and me looked at each other he had a smile on his face. while I was away a friend who started talking about it again and told him that we should not ignore each other and than the guy I like said that we were just friends.
    Since then everything is quite akward, especially since he does not even greet me when I come across. I do not talk too much with him anymore. Many friends say that I ignore him and that he's trying to contact me, but I'm afraid that he thinks I stalk him or something or I irritate him when I'm around him. I am afraid he will find me annoying, and that it has consequenses for our friendship. even though I want to be more than friends, I would not lose him as a friend!
    Sooo, please help me, I don't know what to do!

xx

I think that this is a classic example why you SHOULDN'T drink alcohol. I think the answer is obvious, you messed up big time. You need to confront him already and confess how you feel. If he says no than you should forget about him and move on. Its that simple.

Many friends say that I ignore him and that he's trying to contact me, but I'm afraid that he thinks I stalk him or something or I irritate him when I'm around him. I am afraid he will find me annoying,
    If he's trying to contact you, why don't you talk to him? Stop being so loopy.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)