+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I thought i was fine..

I thought i was fine..

Me and my ex broke up just over two month ago. The first month was really hard for me but then i started feeling ok. Very little contact in this time. Havent spoken to her at all in two weeks till the other day. She broke up with me and i get a text from her out the blue. We chat a little and i tell her i still miss her. I apologize saying i shouldnt have said that but i do. It would hae been our two year anniversiry on halloween and ive been thinking of what we should have been looking forward to. All good.
    I was out that night though and got a bit drunk then text her "i still love you and i wish knew knew how much i was trying to show you how much i loved you". The next morning she sent a text saying She was perfectly happy till she read my drunken bullshit and its obvious I cant just get on with people!! And Im deleting your number, i suggest you delete mine. Bye.
    Ive said i know i shouldnt have sent it as i was doing fine and its a step backward i didnt want to take but i do still have feeling for you.
    I would at least like to get on with her, should i text to say sorry and just forget i sent it or just leave it. To be honest i do still love her. But i dont think id get back with her. Were not facebook friends anymore but what i can see of her profile shes been adding groups that seem to suggest its about our relationship. She cant see that shes 50% of why we failed. She wants to blame me for everything!! It frustrates me so much!
    Text to clear the air or leave it?
    Last edited by hotdawg78; 27-10-11 at 07:10 AM.

actually who am i kidding? If she could see that shes as much to blame as i am id get back with her in a heart beat!

I know it stings a lot but if she's willing to end it like that, you have to be as well. I guess you can send her a text back to say you were sorry and that you were drunk, but if you think about it, what's the point? What's it going to accomplish? There are plenty of other fish in the sea, and if she can see that, so you can you.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdawg78 View Post
    actually who am i kidding? If she could see that shes as much to blame as i am id get back with her in a heart beat!
    No, you wouldn't. Its not over because of "blame", its over because its over. She doesn't want to be with you any more.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Do you think how she replied to my message is a bit harsh and over the top though? Fair enough she may have not wanted to hear it but its the one and only time ive said that kind of thing since we broke up. It is the only thing i text her when i was drunk, except another message saying i shouldnt have sent that.

If it seemed harsh and over the top, all the better for you to realize she's over it and wants to move on. I know it feels like you guys had something really special but you need to realize not all relationships are meant to last and use this as a learning experience to better yourself and reflect positively on how you can grow from it.

Time to move on my friend, she is moving on, and you should too.