+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not sure if he likes me...

Not sure if he likes me...

Heya,

I'm a gay first year student at a uni in England and on the first day of uni I met this guy who is now a very good friend at uni. I care for him alot and have always liked him, ever since we met. The reason why I said hello to him on the first day of uni was because I thought he was very attractive!

Anyway, he knows I like him (I wrote him a letter a while back) but we haven't spoken about it this year. The thing is, he can be very introvert and not talk about his feelings whereas I am completely the opposite and have to talk about mine! So, I really like him and we flirt all the time. We do everything at uni together! However, he's not as comfortable at showing his sexuality to others as I am and so having an open relationship at uni scares him I think so that puts him off. Secondly, we are really good friends and I DON'T want to lose what we have. Thirdly, I am sharing a house with him next year so I don't want things to be awkward!

We are on vacation and he recently came and stayed round my house for the weekend. It was great! Nothing happened though but we did tend to play fight a lot! Is this not a sign of flirting???

It's so difficult because I have such strong feelings for him! I know it will probably never happen but I feel such chemistry between us that something is telling me to wait (whether or not this is simply my imaginsation going wild I'm not sure). I think we would be perfect together - his strengths are my weaknesses and my strengths are his weaknesses!

So...should I wait around? Maybe next year, with the intamacy of a house, things might start happening! Or should I except our relationship as purely friendship based and try and move on??? Please help

xxx

Am Gaby again. I posted to the upper thread wo having noticed this one. I now understand better what u were trying to ask. I dont know how gays "flirt" (fighting? ) and it would be difficult for me to interpret his way of thinking, provided he is the way you think of him. But for whatever you probably should begin by asking yourself if you could live together just as good friends. You should also weigh if you prefer to risk your current relationship with such a nice person. And after this, before you move together, if I were you, I would ask him directly how do you want to rule it with 3rd persons visiting or staying over night and the like, and then check his reaction. well, that's only my opinion.