+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Heartbroken friend

Heartbroken friend

Dear Ms. Akiteng,
    My name is Jaroslav and I am 20 years old, studying university in Europe. 3 years ago I met a girl in highschool whom I fell in love with and dated her. After year, she broke up with me and started dating with her ex. That lasted for a while before she came back to me. After some time, she got back to him.
    We started studying university like a month ago and we we're not in contact for a while. She lived her with her ex (she had only 2 boyfriends in life, me and him). She broke up with him and now lives in a apartment alone here for some time before she moves out. She contacted me a week ago and we started going out, drink together and went to cinema once. She stated that I was the best man in her life, who completely respects, appreciate but love as a friend.
    She said she won't go back to me until she tries loving another guy, because she is in very big city and she has to try out her options. She even started to get my friend, but he stated that he would never have anything with her.

I said I love her and really care for her and want to be more than friends. She appreciated my honesty and sincerity. She said that she doesn't know anyone better than me and that she tried to hit on my friend because he's so similiar to me. And she needs someone like me, but not me, because our history. I'm not attractive to her anymore like a partner and she doesn't have slightiest temptation to be my girlfriend.
    She said that she needs me here in Brno, because otherwise she will go insane. She doesn't know anyone here much, and her classmates are very boring. She wants to go out with me, because I am the one she feels best with.
    But I couldn't take it. I love her like a girlfriend and want her to be my girlfriend. Yesterday, when I was drinking with her in her apartment I told her I don't want to see her anymore. Not because of grudge or that, but because it hurts me so much. She kinda begged me not to do it, but I had to. She said she hopes that we can be friends, that we can work it out. I said no. She said "Please don't say this or I'll be insane by sadness."

I told her that doesn't mean "Go to hell and I don't want to see you ever again". Whenever she will have hard time or want to tell me something important, she can call me. I don't want to let her sink in this city, I care for her and I'm here for her if it's bad.

I don't know if I did good. I really want her and care for her and I hope she will maybe realise, that she loves me again. Do you think that is possible? Should I do any better approach?

Thank you for your responses!
    Last edited by Shoggot; 28-10-11 at 05:31 PM.