+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why does it feel like he doesn't care?

Why does it feel like he doesn't care?

My ex-boyfriend has spent a lot of time talking to me after we've been broken up for a year (we broke up due to long distance.) I'm his first girlfriend and his first love. He's told me twice before this that he still does have feelings for me.

Since this past July, has kept in touch with me, still kissed me, stared at me, constantly stands around me, listens in on my conversations and adds to them no matter what he's doing. He'll intentionally passes me, insults the girl he hooked up with while we were broken up & even recently, apologizes for doing it

We were at the same concert, and he came with friends but, he only hung out with me the entire time, holding my hand, kissing me on the cheek/kisses me in general, shares his drink with me, offers to hold my things so, they don't get ruined, etc. Hugged me from behind.

I visit his school, he takes me to his football game, he talked to me the entire time. He lent me his jacket, paid for my dinner/breakfast, let me stay in his room when I got screwed for sleeping arrangements, cuddled with me in the morning.

He throws things at me, unties my shoe, play fights me. He stayed with me at parties all night, doesn't go with his friends or leave me alone (even though he knows I can fend for myself & told me so.) He shows me around his campus, walks me to the bus stop, tells me he had a good time and he's glad I came.

When I left his school to come back to mine, everything seemed fine. Four days passes. Nothing happened. We finally talked about it and he told me he didn't want any sort of relationship with anyone and said, "I don't know how I feel about you." (He has literally gone back and forth for a year about this, so this is nothing new.) Since then we haven't spoken (its been about 3 weeks.)

So what happened?

Obviously he either has feelings for you or he does not. If he won't give you a direct answer as in 'yes' or 'no' then ignore him and move on. I wouldn't wait around for another year so he can make up his mind. If he keeps doing a yes/no thing with you then move on and leave him behind. He might be useing you as a cushion to fall onto for when another girl breaks his heart or if he needs some on the side, I don't know how 'close' you two have been physically though.

In all honestly it sounds like he is confused.

Quote Originally Posted by lillipedia View Post
    ....he told me he didn't want any sort of relationship with anyone ...
    When a guy says this, it usually means, 'I don't want a relationship with you' for whatever reason. He will be right in it when he finds someone that he likes to be in a relationship with.

Don't waste any more of your time on him!
    “Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-