We were together for 2 years, broke up, remained friends for 6 months and I still had feelings and didn't like the friend zone so I walked out on her. I know she hates me for doing what I did as a friend.

It's been a year since then, and the only contact I've had with her was during Christmas 2010, when I wrote her an apology letter for walking out on her and being immature about my feelings (jealousy etc.) Then a few weeks ago it was her birthday, I texted her Happy Birthday and she responded "Thanks!" She has a new boyfriend now, and I'm happy for her.

Fast forward to last night, I went out with my boys bar hopping. GUESS WHO I run into in one of the bars? My wonderful ex and her friends. We both saw each other through the crowd, I was going to say hi but she walked up to a group of guys so I just walked away.

So later that night I run into a group of her friends and I say hi for old times' sake, next thing I know my ex walks up to me and says HEY! I say hi. She then continues to go off on me for saying hi to her friends and not her, and asking me why I'm talking to her friends. I apologized and tried to give her a hug, she shoves me away so I just walk away.

At the end of the night in the parking lot I'm walking to my car with my friends and shes on the other side of the lot. She begins to yell a bunch of different things and cussed me out.

I still love her and care about her, but the way she acted towards me almost broke my heart all over again. I know she was intoxicated, but why does she still have so much animosity towards me? Should I do anything about it? text her see if she wants to talk?

I just want to be on good terms with her and to be happy for each other. This is not what i pictured

Thanks for reading and thanks for your opinion!