+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So who screwed up?

So who screwed up?

Ok, I've been seeing this girl for a while now, and we talk a lot and have great times together, just "shootin' the breeze". We've gone out on two seperate occasions on friendly outings. I thought we were getting close, but then V-Day came up, so I went around, and from a past conversation I found out that she used to love puzzles, and I bought her a lovely puzzle of a wolf made up of smaller nature photographs (photomosaic) that she said she saw, but could never find again, instead of going with everyone else's usual roses and chocolates. SO when V-Day came around, I put it in a neat rose-decorated bag and gave it to her, only to have her lift up an edge of that bag, glance at it, and let it fall to the floor behind her, saying "well, at least you remembered."
    So who screwed up here?
    Did I screw up by not going like everyone else and getting roses and such?
    Or did she screw up, cause I totally felt like crap afterwards. I wanted to blow up then and there, but I've never been one to show a whole lot of anger in public. SO now I'm in a state of wonder.
    Did I do something wrong? AS with all guys, girls are hard to understand...
    It is impossible to love and be wise
    -Francis Bacon

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No offense, but this chick is a heartless *****.
    How could you think you screwed up by buying her something considering her personal tastes (which is wayyyyy more thoughtful than boring old flowers...)?? Who in hell drops a gift on the floor, even if they don't like it?? A person with any decency would at least thank you and be happy that you thought of them at all. So....to answer your question.....it is SHE who (is) screwed up.
    Did your callous 'friend' think to get anything for you, might I ask?

Erk? uh... hrmm...

You took the time, the effort, oh hey, you even remembered about something she brought up... Was she expecting like Tiffany's o.O
    And blues said it too...
    What she get you?

Two way street.

I agree with bluesummer...sounds like this girl just wasnt considering your feelings. A thought out present such as yours is lovely and i love it when my boyfriend puts thought into what he gets me rather than just run of the mill stuff. He got me roses and chocolates and teddy bear for valentines day, but he also got me a cd which i said i wanted the other week, which shows he does listen to what i say. If you dont get an apology off her then it doesnt sound like shes worth your valuable efforts
    ******* 7 Times World Champion Michael Schumacher - the ultimate sporting hero *******

Thanx to all. No, I did not recieve a gift in return...although I really didn't expect one anyway. I just wanted to give her something nice, it just happened to be V-Day that i picked to give it to her.
    I thought the situation over, and although she didn't give me anything in return, I'm not really worried about that, its just the way she treated my thoughtfulness. She said she had been going through a rough time lately, although I see no reason why that couldn't have brightened up her day at least. Eh, it lets me know where I stand apparently.
    Well, the best course of action would just to tell her how pissed off I am. If there is no sincere appology, then I guess she really is not worth my time anymore. I appreciate the help.
    It is impossible to love and be wise
    -Francis Bacon

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You shoulda slapped 'er and got your money back.