+ Follow This Topic

Thread: To end a sexless and loveless marriage

To end a sexless and loveless marriage

For 6 years, I have been married to a lady whom I have never loved. I married her because it was convenient. I had been alone for a long time so when she expressed the desire to remarry soonest after her divorce, I asked for her hand and she accepted. Although she and I have nothing in common, I thought love could develop over time but this has never been. About a year ago, I met a lady and for the first time in my life, I have fallen in love. This new lady makes me feel like I have never felt before. For the first time I was able to use the three letter words "I LOVE YOU" and felt good about it. This new lady and I have so much in common that it even scares me. How can two people feel so comfortable with each other? It is just unbelievable.

Now to my problem! How do I end the loveless and now 12 months sexless marriage? Seriously, I cannot get it up with my current wife.

Tell her you want a divorce. There's really no other way to do it.

Why is this even a question?

You should end your marriage before beginning a new relationship. not only does it cheapen the new affaire, it dishonors the women you married and casts a question over your integrity. The new lady can't be too happy with her position ( and frankly, you are both being a pair of cheatsas it stands) this is hardly a good way to begin a new relationship.

Your question has only one answer and there is no 'ideal ' way to do it, just do it quickly. And do it honestly, tell her you have met another woman. Don't pussyfoot around and pretend, or try to lay it on her lack of sex appeal, She'll feel better blaming the 'other woman ' than that. Be kind, but definite, and make a clean exit. The day you announce you don't want to continue the marriage, be prepared to move out of the house. What ever happens with the new woman, you don't keep the wife on a string 'just in case'. In a nutshell, be an honourable man, its overdue,. And stop whining about your wife's deficiencies, You were in the marriage too and you let it drift to this, so man up and try to do better. Good luck.

Although she and I have nothing in common, I thought love could develop over time
    Love cannot develop if you don't have common interests AND common attitudes about money, raising kids, running a household, friends, and things like that. You should read a book on relationship fundamentals.

Like this one for the Kindle:
    [url]http://www.amazon.com/Dating-and-Relationship-Basics-ebook/dp/B005H3ZRE4/[/url]
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)